Retreat from France!

• 3 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Retreat from France!
« on: August 15, 2020, 08:59 »
Watching the news last night as desperate tourists attempted to get home before quarantine rules kick in, I was quite expecting to see film of WRVS and Red Cross staff greeting them in Dover with blankets and tea as if it was 1940.

Now don't get me wrong, I love France. In fact we seriously considered moving there a couple of times but is now the best time to be visiting anywhere abroad?
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Retreat from France!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 09:49 »
I think not, especially when we were having Med-style weather here, anyway  8)

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 09:58 »
All the new quarantine reg has done is to create a massive exit from wherever with long queues, and what about those who missed the boat as it were? I also don't think Covid 19 obeys the same rules, as in those who managed to leave before the deadline are guaranteed to be virus-free.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 10:03 »
I would not be venturing overseas at the moment.  It is a bit nonsensical how the media is making such a fuss about it.  If you choose to go, you have to accept things could change very fast.  What was a green country could go red at short notice and that is just the way it is.  I think the majority of the general public get it and totally understand the reasons.

All the new quarantine reg has done is to create a massive exit from wherever with long queues, and what about those who missed the boat as it were? I also don't think Covid 19 obeys the same rules, as in those who managed to leave before the deadline are guaranteed to be virus-free.

I think it is about getting everyone out before the virus gets another foothold in that country.  As was seen in Spain, the small spike detected is a few days behind what is really happening.  There is a chance someone may come back with it, but that risk snowballs with every day you delay.

xx
Tour de France

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post July 08, 2020, 17:06
by mrs bouquet
xx
Tour de France

2 Replies
Last post July 28, 2019, 17:06
by mrs bouquet
xx
Coming home from France

19 Replies
Last post August 19, 2020, 16:54
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 43 queries.