Warning, birds are being stolen again.

• 5 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Warning, birds are being stolen again.
« on: September 21, 2011, 11:03 »
Little hen rescue which takes in ex batts and cockerels have been targetted for the second time. If anybody has any information regarding this please contact them and please keep a close eye on your birds xx

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/cockerels_taken_from_flordon_hen_rescue_centre_1_1028530
Staffies are softer than you think.

hillfooter

Re: Warning, birds are being stolen again.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:11 »
It's unbelievable that anyone in their right mind would want to steal such pretty much valueless (monetarily speaking) birds.  Dispicible people!

HF
Truth through science.

Springlands

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:14 »
Awful to think that rescue hens would be stolen and then possibly used for fighting.  >:(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:14 »
sadly some people just see chickens and think of free food - whether that is eggs or meat.
Unfortunatly cock fighting is still rife in this country even though it is illegal which is why I would never send a cock to auction as they often end up as bait for the fighting birds  :(

hillfooter

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 11:24 »
sadly some people just see chickens and think of free food - whether that is eggs or meat.
Unfortunatly cock fighting is still rife in this country even though it is illegal which is why I would never send a cock to auction as they often end up as bait for the fighting birds  :(

I totally agree in fact I don't much like having to cull cockerels but I never let them go to a home I'm not sure of.  I once gave some cockerels to a local chap who seemed to be very caring but it was only afterwards that I learned that he kept owls and I wondered if they ended up being fed to them.  As long as they were dispatched humanely I guess it wouldn't matter but I'd rather do it myself.  I respect my birds too much to subject them to any form of cruelty.
HF

asd1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 18:57 »
It truly is awful that thieves would target a charity of all places especially one that stands up for the rights and welfare of these birds! I personally have been to little hen rescue on a number of occasions, both rescuing animals and donating feed. The people that work there are genuine and charitable people that really don't need another setback like this. I hope someone will come forward with the name/s of whoever did this so that they can be dealt  with accordingly .     

xx
BIRDS STOLEN FOR 3RD TIME !!

Started by JANEVANS02 on Chicken Chat

20 Replies
Last post September 29, 2010, 11:54
by joyfull
xx
BIRDS STOLEN AGAIN BETWEEN EXETER AND HONITON

Started by JANEVANS02 on Chicken Chat

21 Replies
Last post August 12, 2010, 02:53
by hillfooter
smiley
WARNING WARNING DANGER INSIDE!!!!!!!

Started by uktitan on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post February 20, 2011, 08:37
by alancane
xx
stolen chooks

Started by goodegg on Chicken Chat

41 Replies
Last post May 08, 2010, 19:28
by goodegg

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 40 queries.