Chillies in the greenhouse- not hot?

• 19 Replies

savbo

Re: Chillies in the greenhouse- not hot?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 14:39 »
i've also found that what was mild as a fresh chilli became a lot hotter as a dried one...the one on our ristra are really quite strong now

carlrmj

• Joint Winner - Tallest Sunflower 2012
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 18:51 »
I grew hot patio sizzle from wilko.Planted 15 seeds in seed module and eventually potted on,looked insignificant.I think i could supply the local indian takeaway with hot chillis now.They are only small about  1inch long but are red hot,they sold a pack in wilkos with 6 different varieties, i think ill try them next year
There must be 30-40 chillies on each plant at least

moam1

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 09:19 »
i think you have over watered them.i keep my ones as dry as can be.i have a dorset naga and i can tell you if you like it hot try growing the dorset .it likes to be in a warm place about 23  for the seeds to grow.then plant out in polytunnel end of april.dont over water but feed when the friut begins to grow .i feed my ones about twive a week.

japagow

• Experienced Member
  • A yard a day.
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 20:48 »
I grew Joes Long Cayenne from BQ and they haven't gone red as in packet picture or hot just long and green and Joe whoever he is would be proud but they're not hot.

I came back from a week away to discover that one of the cayennes is ripening from green to orange on a plant that looks slightly dejected in a smallish dry pot of soil so the watering theory might be right.

Also I started quite late. I read that the seeds have to go into the propogator in time to be out as frosts finish then they can hit the ground running and ripen well before sept/oct.

Practise makes perrrfect.

lazza

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 13:28 »
my chillis have worked so well this year, I'm thinking of putting a shelf up in my greenhouse next year, up near the top, so that I can plant several varieties....and all bought for 50p a packet in the Garden Centre sale a couple of weeks ago.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 38 queries.