Well I've done it now

• 0 Replies

chuckmum

• Experienced Member
Well I've done it now
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:57 »
I have separated the chicks (nearly 6 wks) from their mums :cry: :cry: :cry: . One of my mums has laid an egg for me today and both are squatting as soon as they see me (not quite sure what they are telling me :lol:). I need them to be in two runs as my in-laws will be looking after them all for two weeks, while I go and sun myself, in a weeks time! Whoah ...we break up today from school!!!
So, I now have the three chicks all together in the eglu around the corner of the garden out of sight of mums, one of the chicks Parley, is more upset than the others, but only in between digging and pecking at the new ground! The other two, Sage and Onion, don't seem to mind that mum has gone at all. Unlike their mum who is very dedicated to the ungrateful chicks and is now confined to the cube train, as she kept getting out of the fenced off area to go back to them - bless  :( . The other mum seems delighted to get her single life back and hasn't given her chick as second glance except to notice that Hen Solo my Arurucana, is now in her old run (due to bad behaviour). I have put them all back in the cube train apart from the aforementioned Hen and Princess Layer who has gone broody again  :mad: and is attacking all the hens who are trying to lay. So she is now shut out of the run/nest box and not at all happy! All of the other girls seem to be fine that the mums are back apart from Hen who launched a vicious attack on them - now doing time in solitary until she can behave in a day or so!
I hope all will have settled down (the broody will have been broken fingers crossed) and harmony will have been restored before my holiday in a weeks time, which will make caring for them much easier!  :nowink:

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 39 queries.