Rasberry Q

• 1 Replies

argonaut

Rasberry Q
« on: May 16, 2014, 09:05 »
Last year planted 6 Raspberry plants, all in a nice line evenly spaced .. and they cropped OK.
This year there are a number of 'shoots'  of what I would call new plants coming up about 18" away from the main plant line, are these like roses ... i.e sucker shoots, and I should cut them off ...

Or do I bend them back to reach support wires and accept them.

There are those that always like to find fault, if you spot a Typo ... consider put there for you.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Rasberry Q
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:12 »
They are potentially new raspberry plants and the next shoots may be another 18" away from the parent and just where you don't want them!

Have a look at the other couple of raspberry threads currently on this page for ideas for getting rid of them or containing them within the original row, but by all means keep them if you want (once established you can move them, but you will need to sever the underground roots still connecting them to their parents.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Rasberry cutting.

Started by shifty on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 17, 2009, 19:41
by mumofstig
sad
Rasberry mini me

Started by Hooee on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 29, 2009, 03:15
by sclarke624
xx
New rasberry canes

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 20, 2015, 18:11
by Yorkshire Lass
xx
Rasberry patch

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 13, 2019, 19:42
by New shoot

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 36 queries.