Baby's name

• 43 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Re: Baby's name
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 17:50 »
It's Archie! Who remembers "Educating Archie" on the old 1950s radio?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 18:07 »
My grandfather's name was Archibald. 

Named because his builder father was building arched doorways when he was born. (You couldn't make it up  :lol:)

wighty

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 19:41 »
I'm sorry but I don't like it.  I don't care if Meghan and Harry are 'modern' they are part of our heritage and should have stayed with a 'traditional' name.  Has it been announced yet if he will have a Royal title?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 19:58 »
No royal title as present.

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 20:00 »
No he hasn't but with a surname of mountbatten Windsor there ain't gonna be any mistake about him having royal blood. And yes, all the home birth rubbish was just a smokescreen to fool everyone. Didn't want plebs hanging around the hospital. Leaves a bit of a nasty taste knowing they have taken their fans for a ride. It's cheating. I know, I know I'm a curmudgeon. Sorry I will now zip it . . . ;) :dry:

Growster...

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 21:06 »
I loved the name 'Nylon' - New York and London - but there is a website which is devoted to 'Gary', so all bets are off..;0)

Nylon... or the other way round Lonny  :lol:

Love it, Auntie!

I'l tell Mrs Growster right now!

Hilarious!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 21:15 »
Personally, I think if she hadn't gone overdue, so probably needing to be induced, she would have had a home birth. It makes me laugh to think that at her age she's already labelled an older mother  :D

The baby is so far down the pecking order that I don't think he needs a title or a royal-sounding name tbh. Good luck to him :)

Growster...

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2019, 21:15 »
No he hasn't but with a surname of mountbatten Windsor there ain't gonna be any mistake about him having royal blood. And yes, all the home birth rubbish was just a smokescreen to fool everyone. Didn't want plebs hanging around the hospital. Leaves a bit of a nasty taste knowing they have taken their fans for a ride. It's cheating. I know, I know I'm a curmudgeon. Sorry I will now zip it . . . ;) :dry:

It's going to be the same whatever, Ruby!

Just bless places like here, where we can all just enjoy the 'pub' sort of chat and laugh when it suits us!

You're not a carmudgeon, most of us are with you, but the red-top papers just drool over things like this; they'll soon get bored!

I really couldn't care a monkey's, I have a life with Mrs Growster, and lots of chums in my village, and of course here, online. This is much more important than some sort of tot produced well out of my interest!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2019, 22:52 »
Archie Harrison - very nice.     Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

al78

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 17:06 »
Grossly over-hyped IMO. In the end, they are just people, and people start families all the time. I sometimes think that there are a lot of people who have very empty dull lives, so feel the need to live an alternative one through someone else.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 19:19 »
I'm rather pleased they decided to name their first born after me  :wacko:

al78 - I don't think I'd like to live in the public eye and not be able to go out without armed security. Not as if any of the royal family had any choice about their parents. And just think - who would you rather have as head of state, The Queen or President Trump?
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Christine

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 19:23 »
Hmm Having called my children Frederick and Coral back in the swinging sixties and been thoroughly disliked by the boy for the unfashionable name for 11 years till he realised he'd never be mistaken for anyone else so stopped wanting in changed and the girl for always getting called Carol (ongoing as she comes up to 50) I'm no person to comment on what people call their children. Let the children ask their parents to change it as and when - as if royals would get away with that.  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 20:27 »
Giving your children names which are either obscure, or just daft, imprisons them into a lifetime of having to 'explain' their name every time they are introduced to, or meet someone new.

You don't need to worry about that with lovely names like 'Jane', or 'Mary', or 'Tony', so why saddle kids with the need to make amends for the name they've been given at birth, while most children just like to start a discussion with something less boring!

Several chums here know me as 'Michael', so that's saved me several gasps of wonderment in telling every new girlfriend that I was 'TonesbesurasstenceMctoniii-Du'Wayne', spelt differently in pidgin Swahili!

I despair...

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 22:24 »
Several chums here know me as 'Michael', so that's saved me several gasps of wonderment in telling every new girlfriend that I was 'TonesbesurasstenceMctoniii-Du'Wayne', spelt differently in pidgin Swahili!

Didn't you stand in the elections for the Silly Party? :)

grinling

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 23:05 »
He is Prince Archie as his dad is a Prince. Only the Queen can make Megan a Princess.

xx
Santa baby ...

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 22:44
by erikaz1
xx
Baby words that survive in your families

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post May 10, 2019, 07:11
by Growster...

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 55 queries.