seeds by poundland

• 8 Replies

littlefeat

seeds by poundland
« on: January 15, 2008, 15:45 »
anyone tried these before ?
ive  just bought 5 packets that have six different varieties in

garden veg (purple sprouting broccoli, cabbage, beetroot, courgette, onion, carrotts)
mediterranean veg(basil, aubergine, lettuce, radicchio, oregano, tomatoe)
oriental hot and spicy(pepper, corriander, pach choi, lemon balm, msratd greens)
herb and salad (basil, chive, rocket, thyme, mixed med herbs, italian salad leaf)
salad collection (cucumber, spring onion, radish, toms, iceberg lettuce, cress)
just wondering has anyone sed these before and what were the results like, it seems very cheep £5. for 30 different packets of seeds, or are they false economy.

littlefeat
at home with 4 cats, 1 dog, 2 rabbits, 2 rats 4 fish, 4 chickens, 2 kids and 1 hubby, i love gardening, and looking after my tribe.

splodger

seeds by poundland
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 16:03 »
seems like a lot of seeds for a fiver  :wink:

i've not tried them though - you will just have to lets us all know what they are like

i don't like buying prepared mixes of seed - as i will often have either duplicates or seeds that i don't want

saying that - for a fiver - as long as there are plenty of seeds in each packet - you can't go far wrong - and just donate what you don't want to wiggys quiz  :wink:

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
seeds by poundland
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 16:12 »
Got some little gems last year, all germinated and produce, think it was about 39p a packet.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

GreenOwl

seeds by poundland
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 16:18 »
Was it £5 for 5 packets or were they available individually?  The oriental hot and spice sound good but wouldn't want the rest.  Might have to pop out and check our local one.

littlefeat

seeds by poundland
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 17:55 »
yes they come prepacked with six packets of seed in each selection, (£1.00 per pack )will let you know how they go  :)

littlefeat

loubylou29

• Experienced Member
seeds by poundland
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 18:58 »
Last year I ahd the salad pack and the Veg pack, they are bonza!
The PSB is growing big and strong in the garden right now, had excellent germination rate,  The beetroot was great too I didn't have much sucess with the carrot, but I didn't with any carrots!
The sald/ herb mix was great, a really lovely leaf mix in the italian mix, I grew this in lots of containers and they were fabulous, really kept me in lettuce throughout the summer, with the webbs I grew in lines.
I will deffo be going to buy the new mixes, they seem good, and a great expansion.
They were on 3 for 2 alot of last year too.
One thing though, I did plant the mixed italian leaves the year before and some violas came up.. beautiful they were too, but NOT edible!!  :wink:

sweet nasturtium

seeds by poundland
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 19:37 »
Wow they sound great!
Were there enough seeds in each pack did you think?  I'm looking for the catch...

clarebear

• Experienced Member
    • http://thewindowshopaholic.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html
seeds by poundland
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 20:54 »
I had flower bulbs a few years ago. Didn't do much with them just stuck them in the ground. they came up lovely. However I bought a shrub last year which was pretty much a stick. planted it and it was still a stick three months later so chucked it. It seems people have had some success with the seeds so I may go and have a look myself tomorrow.
I don't have a drink problem. I drink, I get drunk, I pass out. No Problem.

littlefeat

seeds by poundland
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 22:12 »
yes there are lots of seeds in each pack, they are very good value for money, even if you dont use all the packets, its an excellent price for six packets of seeds.
 last year i bought the cottage garden mix from there, cleared a patch of grass sprinkled the pack contents on lightly forked it over, you could not put a pin between them they flowered beautifully and i collected loads of seed heads for planting this year.

littlefeat

xx
Poundland

Started by Gurder on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post January 26, 2007, 16:21
by fatgit
xx
Poundland

Started by lightyears on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post March 22, 2009, 09:17
by spottymint
xx
Fertilisers in Poundland...

Started by Mark's Sussex Allotment on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 26, 2013, 23:18
by Mark's Sussex Allotment
xx
Poundland plants

Started by jaydig on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 07, 2014, 16:19
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 36 queries.