Guess what I found in my bed!

• 23 Replies

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
Re: Guess what I found in my bed!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 22:58 »

Sometimes called 100 day eggs. Why anyone would want to eat one God only knows!

Jazz
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

digalotty

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 23:16 »
uuuurrrrrrrr :nowink:
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

Puenktchen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 10:17 »
Rats sometimes take eggs away.  Brian has seen them do it.  One will lay on its back holding the egg between its feet and the other one will pull him by his tail.  But I thought they took them back to their nests rather than bury in gardens.

I cannot really believe this, sounds more like a fairy tale (no offence!). I know rats are intelligent but one rat pulling the other which is holding an egg is a bit too much to believe. Rats are also quite heavy, so how is one rat pulling another rat (plus holding an egg!) by its tail without seriously damaging the tail? Also a rat would never lie on its back for a longer time as they only do this during submission if a higher ranking rat is present.
I only think that they carry small eggs away holding them with their teeth.

MichelleC

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 21:17 »
It's taken all this time for Mr Fox to return and collect his egg. Unfortunately for me, after I'd removed the egg I sowed some spring onion and beetroot which were just starting to show. After last night, all I'm left with is a huge hole from Mr Fox wondering where his egg has gone. Feel a bit guilty now but the dog ate it anyway. Looks like I'll be resowing now. X

Mrs Bee

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 22:06 »
With our garden been a typical new build, when I have converted parts of it for my veg patch I keep finding what they couldn't be bothered to put in the skip.

Scaffold Pole, Barbed Wire, Telephone Wire, Breeze Blocks, Etc. The list goes on. Nothing valuable as of yet   lol

OH is of the opinion that the God of concrete is singling him out for a special hell on earth.

Every where he digs, be it the allotment, or our garden he finds perishing great lumps of concrete left over from other people's bodge jobs. And I being the dutiful wife have to answer the call 'Will you come and look at this  ..................... load of concrete that's been buried here.'
and
'Some people find gold mines. What do I find a .........  concrete mine. Surely there can't be any more' :mad: :mad:

I on the other hand found the glasses I had lost along with my second best secoteurs in with the strawberries and a very large wodge of luncheon meat in the pot with my lillies. :ohmy:
I don't remember planting that ??? ???

grendel

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 00:44 »
tell him he is a hard core gardener.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 16:46 »
tell him he is a hard core gardener.
Grendel

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Togalosh

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 14:38 »
Rats sometimes take eggs away.  Brian has seen them do it.  One will lay on its back holding the egg between its feet and the other one will pull him by his tail.  But I thought they took them back to their nests rather than bury in gardens.

I cannot really believe this, sounds more like a fairy tale (no offence!). I know rats are intelligent but one rat pulling the other which is holding an egg is a bit too much to believe. Rats are also quite heavy, so how is one rat pulling another rat (plus holding an egg!) by its tail without seriously damaging the tail? Also a rat would never lie on its back for a longer time as they only do this during submission if a higher ranking rat is present.
I only think that they carry small eggs away holding them with their teeth.

Last winter we had a veg crate balanced precariously on some plan pots at the kttchen door with some apples in. The 8 apples went down to 7 then 6 then 5 etc over a few days. My partner noticed this & at first thought I was pulling her leg & playing her up by doing this myself until I spent a few hours trying to rig up a CCTV camera to catch the culprit in the act. I failed as the camera was too dodo to shine it's infrared light far enough to see..but another apple vanished as I was setting up !

..anyway we could not figure out what could be taking a whole apple out of a light, high sided crate without tipping it up .. the &*^%$ neighbours were under suspicion .. a week afterward all apples has gone I opened the shed door to find lots of discarded apple peel in the door jamb ! There was not enough of a gap anywhere to take a whole apple into the shed but there were lots of rat dropping around...what clever, sneaky, agile beasties they are.

The Golden Heap

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 15:11 »
When I took my allotment on in February it was in a bad state with over twenty bags of rotten and deacying carpet! but... i did find amongst the waste / fly tipping/ weeds, one servicable wheel barrow, two trowels, a hoe, some shears, and canes and poles of varying lengths, and four cans of supermarket brand lager with contents???

xx
guess what i found between the weeds?

Started by kezlou on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post August 26, 2008, 18:51
by kezlou
xx
Guess what this is

Started by Lulu on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post August 19, 2016, 07:44
by 8doubles
xx
Guess what this is supposed to be?

Started by Mitsy on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 19, 2007, 05:21
by Gwiz
xx
Guess what, another newby looking for a little help! :)

Started by happyhippy on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 27, 2009, 12:27
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 35 queries.