Bullying is getting less! But how old is Luci??? Confused.com!!

• 3 Replies

freebirdy

:lol: At last! Peace is returning to my little back yard venture. Luci is intergrating with the "big girls" lots more now. Still the focus of lots of attention but far less than a few days ago. She's like a well honed athlete - great turn of speed and Usain Bolt 'aint got nothing on this little chook! (think way back there might be a bit of road-runner in her genetics!! Peep peep!) She scoots off at great speed when the nasties come a-pecking! Only thing I'm wondering about now is her age??? One of the replies I recieved said she should have stopped cheeping by about 12-14 weeks. I was told she was 16 weeks. And she's still cheeping!! Lots! Never shuts up! Trawlled the net for info on when chicks should stop cheeping/hens should start rosey. Nada, Zilch! Nothing!  Diddly-squat! Maybe it's just me as it's technical stuff this internet milarkey! I'm but a simple counrty girl (well in my head I am... :wacko:)  living in a town and don't do this new fangled world wide web stuff very well!!! Info people please on cheeping/rosey if u can u chickeny experts!!

JaK

• Happy half plot.
Re: Bullying is getting less! But how old is Luci??? Confused.com!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:01 »
  All mine are 11 weeks apart from Tilda the RIR who is 15 weeks and all are still cheeping away. A few have started rosey a little but like to cheep too. I have no idea what age the stop though.  :unsure:

Anndee

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 13:37 »
So pleased to hear that things are beginning to settle down a bit Freebirdy. Its awful when they are squabbling isn't it?
My boy is 14 weeks old and he stopped cheeping about 2 weeks ago. crowed 3 times yesterday aft. completely out of the blue and hasn't done it since  ::)

freebirdy

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 14:43 »
Well she's still most definatley cheeping and trilling away! Did get a tincey wincey bit of a kind of strangulated squawk yesterday. Luci looked as puzzled as I did when it came out!!! She's not done it since so maybe it was but a bit of a chicken "burp" as she has stuffed out on mealworms!! Well, time will tell, she will find her cluck sooner or later. She's been out in the garden braving the big girls all day and is holding her own out there. The school yard bullies are getting a bit bored I think, maybe they will give up and just slope off for a fertive fag behind the hen house!!

xx
Bullying .............. Why?

Started by SurreyLass on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 29, 2012, 19:52
by SurreyLass
xx
Bullying hen

Started by Frizzle1 on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post February 05, 2022, 12:15
by New shoot
xx
Bullying

Started by cejx on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post November 28, 2010, 18:45
by cejx
xx
Bullying

Started by hulgrin on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 25, 2010, 14:10
by hulgrin

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 39 queries.