Merry Christmas!

• 28 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Merry Christmas!
« on: December 24, 2022, 13:25 »
Have a good one everyone and I hope Santa brings you lots of seeds or other goodies.

Quiet day today for me and we have man flu in the house, so ducking out of any big visiting plans tomorrow. We might resurface on Boxing Day if the patient survives    :lol:

GraciesGran

Re: Merry Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 13:57 »
Can I add my best wishes to everyone.

Plans rearranged, we were having lunch with eldest son and his family but they all have ghastly cold.  Our Christmas plans have been moved to the new year.

AndyRVTR

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 15:16 »
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year everyone.. Mrs R has had a chest infection for the past week & a bit so our plans of going to the daughters for a Chinese & Christmas eve presents are scuppered.. hopefully she will be ok for a couple of hours tomorrow for Christmas lunch!   :wub:

wighty

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 15:51 »
And  a very Happy Christmas to everyone from Paul and I here on our little Island.  May  Santa bring you all you wish for.

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 16:52 »
Merry Christmas everyone! Colds apart, it'll be a goodun, no doubt in my befuddled mind...

;0)

ps, There was a 'Crib Service' in the church behind us an hour or so ago! I suppose it's a new version of a Whist Drive...

(Coat applied for)...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 18:15 by Growster... »

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 17:15 »
I would like to wish all of you a very merry Christmas we are on a countdown to Christmas Day got Santa a couple  mince pies and large glass of Whisky that should keep him going I just hope he don't get stopped and breathalysed as he could end up loosing his slay licence :D

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 01:24 »
Merry Christmas to all of you, hope you get to enjoy a good meal, a drink, and good time with family.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

AndyRVTR

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2022, 08:14 »
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from our family to yours  ;)

MrsPea

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2022, 09:42 »
And a Merry Christmas from us both in Sunny Sussex, were both getting over the beastly flu take care and stay safe everyone.
chr2.gif
I Love my green house

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2022, 17:09 »
Hope everyone is having a good time. Bit odd having The King on at 3pm though - certain Royals didn't seem to feature.. :)
Our plan was to go to Cara's for dinner but the fickle finger of fate has pointed. They've all come down with food poisoning.  Chief suspect being a cooked ham that was delivered the other day and should have had a week on it. It went over on the 23rd. Usually there's a safety margin on these things but this may be the exception. Cara will introduce customer service dept, to Karen when they reopen.
Plan now is to have slow cooked braising steak, chips and runner beans today and we'll have Christmas on the 27th if all is well.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2022, 22:57 »
Hope everyone is having a good time. Bit odd having The King on at 3pm though - certain Royals didn't seem to feature.. :)
Our plan was to go to Cara's for dinner but the fickle finger of fate has pointed. They've all come down with food poisoning.  Chief suspect being a cooked ham that was delivered the other day and should have had a week on it. It went over on the 23rd. Usually there's a safety margin on these things but this may be the exception. Cara will introduce customer service dept, to Karen when they reopen.
Plan now is to have slow cooked braising steak, chips and runner beans today and we'll have Christmas on the 27th if all is well.

Sorry to hear your plans have been scuppered....

Merry Christmas all!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2022, 00:20 »
Sorry to hear your plans have been scuppered....
I must admit to being sad we didn't have the pleasure of seeing the grandson opening presents from us, but little mite was feeling very sorry for himself when we spoke on the phone. As for the meal, well I thoroughly the braising steak, even to finishing the thick gravy on a slice of bread. Proper grub.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2022, 09:58 »
Bad news about the family's tummy bug, John, but glad you enjoyed your 'alternative' Christmas meal  :lol: and then another one still to look forward to ;)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2022, 13:38 »
Sorry to hear of all the different lurgies that have impacted Christmas plans. I hope everyone is on the mend and will enjoy an extended Christmas
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2022, 14:33 »
Ahh what a shame John, best laid plans & all that, but glad you had a back up plan. My daughter in law was diagnosed with the flu on Christmas Eve when she was having difficulties breathing, luckily she came back home from a & e before the  3 grandchildren went to bed & didn’t need to be admitted as we were considering pretending it wasn’t Christmas Eve for another day or two!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

clip
Merry Christmas

Started by Aunt Sally on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post December 26, 2022, 13:14
by Goosegirl
xx
Merry Christmas

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

19 Replies
Last post December 26, 2019, 10:23
by Eblana
xx
Merry Christmas everyone!

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post December 31, 2021, 07:34
by rowlandwells
xx
This Christmas, I got away with...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post December 29, 2019, 11:16
by erikaz1

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 45 queries.