Chicken coop plans

• 3 Replies

Togger

Chicken coop plans
« on: May 22, 2010, 22:19 »
Hi folks, a total newbie here, at long last I have the go ahead from TOH to set up a chicken coop and run.
We're looking at getting 4 birds, probably hybrids 'cos we're wanting them for eggs.

Can't wait to get started but i've been instructed not too go mad with the costs!! So, does anyone have a pdf document/e-book/plans on build your own coop they could share please?

I have read quite a few topics on here where folks have bought some of the chinese imports and from reading some of the responses I would prefer to give building one myself a go.

Regards, Togger

Elcie

Re: Chicken coop plans
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 22:44 »
Hi and welcome to the site.  I don't have any plans I am afraid but there are lots on the internet if you want to have a look around.  We just used a shed for their coop and then built an add on run with wood/weldmesh panels attached together.  Worked ok for us!

cheriton

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 23:45 »
Hi Togger,  you could put a wanted request on your local freecycle site (some regions may want you to offer something first). I got one last week that had been used for just a couple of months in super condition.  There has been 2 more offered this week and I am in an urban area! Good luck but they are addictive, I have 3 lovely hybrid hens only one has come into lay but has laid 14 times in the last 15 days bless her :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 06:50 »
putting some nest boxes and a perch in a shed is the easiest way to go (for nest boxes in my shed I used the large plastic lin bins - the sort you have in workshops) - plus it leaves plenty of room for more birds to be added in the future. You could add a pop hole if you want or just open the door - although by doing that if it rains the inside may get wet.
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Chicken Coop Plans

Started by beth123 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 06, 2010, 20:10
by beth123
xx
chicken coop and run plans

Started by tomboy on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post December 29, 2009, 21:07
by tomboy
xx
Coop Plans

Started by Celtic Eagle on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post December 31, 2008, 01:44
by nnbreeder
xx
CHICKEN ARK PLANS

Started by benkelway on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 17, 2009, 07:45
by lisa80

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 33 queries.