Incubator Come Emergency Brooder

• 1 Replies

digga666

• Experienced Member
Incubator Come Emergency Brooder
« on: June 01, 2012, 15:54 »
I have hopefully 10 eggs hatching out of my 54 egg Novital incubator on saturday/sunday.

I have no proper facilities for the new chicks until tuesday at the earliest because of a few problems.

If i was to quickly wash and disinfect then dry my incubator remove shelf and added a towel for bedding and food and water..........could i keep my chicks in here for a few days with the fan and heater going or would it be too warm being as the fan and heater goes up to 102 degrees instead of 95 degrees under a lamp?

I cant put the lamp over the base of the incubator because it isnt deep enough and other animals may visit in the night in my shed but with the cover and fan/heater they would be protected.

rileyfin

• Experienced Member
Re: Incubator Come Emergency Brooder
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 16:48 »
Hi digga666

I would say that 102 is a bit high , do you have a dog cage?

I line a dog cage with a cardboard box to keep out draughts and hang the heat lamp inside, nothing can get in and I can raise the lamp easily when I start to reduce the heat  :D
I use a cheap tesco rubber mat on the floor with a thin layer of sand, the chicks dont slip and even at a couple of days old they love to scrub around in the sand. Easily cleaned, I sieve the sand and rinse off the rubber mat  :D

xx
Egg emergency

Started by Caralou on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 06, 2009, 20:27
by Caralou
xx
Help Emergency Question

Started by Hawkins on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post October 31, 2008, 20:50
by Spadefighter
xx
emergency crop surgery....

Started by mickwood on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post May 16, 2009, 19:58
by Foxy
exclamation
Emergency situation.....any advice !!!!!

Started by Mischief on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 30, 2009, 21:47
by Foxy

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 35 queries.