Planning ahead. Exciting times

• 6 Replies

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
Planning ahead. Exciting times
« on: January 27, 2019, 19:44 »
   I suffer dreadfully with the winter blues - starting in aug/Sept when the last swallows go and summers over -  so I try and sort my life in the new year to have things to look forward to and organise exciting things. Well, for me anyway.Early January i bought what is called, a gardeners beehive for wild bees. Honey could be an option for me. I bought a swanky new chicken coop and gave them more of the garden which they love. I put sedum turf on a wood store for the summer. I've bought tickets for malvern. I'm going with a friend of mine to Stonehenge at the summer solstice. We went a couple of years ago and I had 32 hours without sleep but smiled for days afterwards. And in July I'm heading off to Devon to stay in a Bell tent for a 5 day retreat, while foraging and phones are banned. Tipped. I'm fine but will be interested to see how it will affect others. Really excited.

snowdrops

Re: Planning ahead. Exciting times
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 20:00 »
Wow, that’s a fantastic set of activities to have planned for yourself.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Missey

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 20:06 »
It's great to have so much to look forward to.  I can cope with the dark nights until Christmas but now I've had enough and find it difficult.

Also I'm off to google your "Gardners Beehive" I think my hubby would love one. Thanks for sharing

Missey

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 23:22 »
I spent 3 months in midwinter with my good friend Svung in Norway a few years ago and it was magical being in almost perpetual dark. I really feel sorry for those that get the winter blues, personally I love the cold and dark days.

madcat

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 17:31 »
It's great to have so much to look forward to.  I can cope with the dark nights until Christmas but now I've had enough and find it difficult.

Me too - I have to plan small treats to keep me moving on, and plan for the summer.  Even chitting potatoes is buying into hope that the spring will come ...  But I am to be found looking at and dreaming about forecasts and pictures of sunny places far too often to be completely healthy.   :unsure:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 19:23 by madcat »
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 18:17 »
yep both the wife and me are looking forward to the forthcoming season keep buying a few extra seeds little and often must stop buying anymore seed  box is full also  look at where to visit with the caravan and possible coach trip holidays there's plenty of places to visit when the weather gets better

I think these winter months drag on especially when its cold frosty wet days  or snow when you don't feel like doing anything outdoors we usually  go on the bus for a little shopping therapy  have a meal out have a look round the Garden centres have a cup of tea there go to our local market on thursday's anything that fills these in these grey days

so yes exiting times to look forward to in the next comming months  not forgetting there's all that gardening and in the greenhouses when we get a bit of sun on our backs all  to look forward to god willing

Missey

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 21:30 »
Madcat - I put my potatoes out to chit tonight & wrote up this year's diary of all the seeds/varities I have  :lol: :lol:

Missey

xx
The best of times..

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 05, 2020, 21:37
by Aidy
xx
How times have changed

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post September 13, 2023, 20:02
by Yorkie
xx
Tadpole shaped, but 100 times smaller.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post August 08, 2018, 09:03
by 8doubles
xx
Allotment planning

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post July 19, 2022, 17:22
by Dantheman

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 41 queries.