I don't like netting

• 47 Replies

Chicken n Veg

• Chicken 'n Veg (Blog)
Re: I don't like netting
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2009, 10:38 »
We have quite a large pigeon population that frequent out garden, so I set up netting last week to protect our bed of Kale and broccoli. I had much the same set up as in Ice's picture. Unfortunately a local family of fox cubs (three of them) seem to have enjoyed ripping the netting apart over the last few nights. I suppose at least it keeps them away from my hens !

Perhaps I can hang CD's or plastic bag streamers from the hoops to keep of the pigeons. I don't want to waste my time putting up the netting again, as the foxes are clearly enjoying their game.  Any other suggestions ?

Parsnip

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2009, 11:30 »
Ive got blue and green, when that all deteriorates, Im hoping for pink.  Im going for a full pink wheelbarrow/trug/wellies/shed ensemble

Yes I do need a life  :tongue2:

Did you not see my new wheelbarrow Pea... ;) :tongue2:

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=39503.0

As for netting, I don't mind it and I agree with shay it shows you've got a working plot...I used Ices idea with the green netting and coloured balls on the canes and it works a treat.. :D

Lee G

• Experienced Member
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2009, 13:40 »
I tried using bamboo canes. carrier bags acting like noisy flags and old video tape zig zagged all over my brassicas.

Birds never touched them after that. Which is great unless it's just luck? (time will tell)

No Netting needed...

No offence, but the OP said they didn't like the look of netting, so if it's a question of aesthetics I don't think your solution would appeal, the bloke by me does the same as you and it looks a mess - and the video tape breaks after a while and I find odd bits blowing around the site.

xx
Debris netting or Ikea netting?

Started by Yana on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 01, 2012, 18:51
by hightide
xx
netting

Started by RuthLG on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post May 15, 2012, 10:46
by lucywil
xx
Netting

Started by timdunn on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 13, 2014, 15:40
by 3759allen
xx
netting

Started by yummy on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 02, 2007, 12:05
by yummy

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 36 queries.