Litter/rubbish picking

• 20 Replies

mrs bouquet

Re: Litter/rubbish picking
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 10:39 »
To sum it up in a few words - basically, wherever you look, its a load of rubbish.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

cressrt

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 11:07 »
Here in Tenerife we have, what we call the "Chain Gangs" (obviously no chains), these are groups of people who receive the Para (the dole) who clean up the verges and roads of their local areas. They are supervised by council workers.
I don't see what something similar couldn't be copied in the UK, only that people would say it's against their human rights to have to actually work for their money!

jezza

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 21:17 »
hello just a cautionary note about litter picking  I litter pick for a parish council when I mow the verge I pick the litter I forgot to take my litter picker and used my hand to pick up a mcdonalds paper cup a local authority officiace was passing he said I could be fined £75 because the cup was deemed to be mine if its picked up with a litter picker its general rubbish so remember to use litter pickers

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 20:49 »
I'm off on Wednesday picking between my village and the next both sides hopefully. It's roughly a 4 mile round trip. Thanks jezza for the info but I'm afraid if any jobs worth stopped to tell me that while I was hard at work ,  he would have to have said item surgically removed.  ;)

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 19:50 »
   Today i cleared a stretch of 2 mile stretch of road that connects my village with the next. I was out from 830 until 400 determined to collect all the dodo between the 2 villages. I worked my way down one side then after a reaching the village 2 miles away turned round and collected the other side. Every bag and bottle in hedgerow, verge, ditch ( which I fell in lol) and crushed on the road i collected. Also a gas powered bbq, 3 hub caps , a tyre and a heavy plastic banner a farm had used but left. I collected 10 council bags absolutely full of this dodo before I collapsed tired but very very happy. Afterwards I drove the route twice to see it rubbish free and to enjoy what I'd done. I was pipped at by 2 cars but didn't look to see if i knew them and a lady stopped her car to thank me very much. I was well chuffed.

wighty

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 20:24 »
Well done you.

xx
Litter

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post April 04, 2021, 17:11
by GraciesGran
xx
Clearing Rubbish

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post May 02, 2018, 15:40
by 8doubles
xx
Roadside litter

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post August 29, 2023, 10:10
by Goosegirl
xx
Value of a raspsberry picking

Started by sunshineband on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post July 14, 2019, 22:56
by jezza

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 44 queries.