Bell Peppers

• 18 Replies

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
Re: Bell Peppers
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 12:54 »
I'm going to try cordon growing for my Peppers next year.

Snoop

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 15:25 »
Best peppers I've ever grown were red and yellow Di Asti peppers from Seeds of Italy.

This year, however, I bought plants in and they're utterly useless. Must remember to get new seeds for next year.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 16:03 »
I've been getting 2 good sized peppers per plant, later ones have been better but nothing to write home about. Really think to justify their place they'd need to give 15-20 peppers or have outstanding taste.  Off to room 101 with bell peppers. If I forget and you see me with seeds and compost next year can you please remind me  ;)

I got 12 good-sized Californian Wonder peppers from 3 plants in an 18" window trough (yes, they are overcrowded but they grew bigger than expected!) A couple of small ones too, but all the others dropped off as the plants presumably couldn't carry any more to maturity under the growing conditions provided.

Not bad, but I will keep looking for a variety which produces truly outstanding fruits - not planning to give up as I do think they're quite easy and also good fun to grow.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Springlands

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 16:49 »
I have had a really good crop of Californian Wonder even though I have had a bad whitefly infestation - each of three plants still has about 10 peppers on it and I have already picked quite a few. Only thing is they are not turning red yet - but that is not too much of a problem as I like the fresh taste of green peppers.  :)

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 38 queries.