I'm in deep trouble

• 9 Replies

rowlandwells

I'm in deep trouble
« on: August 31, 2023, 09:49 »
I landed myself in a good telling off last week from my other half why may you ask well the wife said she had some caterpillars on her lovely peppers and cabbage plants the peppers had some lovely  green peppers on them growing well so I rushed in the tool shed to get my sprayer and sprayed the lot but not checking both the sprayer and what I thought was garlic spray turned out to be both the wrong spray and the wrong sprayer it was used for weed killer only but  I never checked before using it then after a couple of days the peppers began to turn yellow as did the spring cabbage plants the the s...t hit the fan I got it double barrels my ear was definitely bent for a couple of days so there are lessons to be learnt always check the sprayer and the spray before use some thing like closing the stable door after the horse  has bolted well that's my excuse

Kleftiwallah

Re: I'm in deep trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 09:58 »
Good morning rowlandwells, 

OOOPS,  MEGGA OOOOPS. 
Tell us all which ward you are in, we'll send flowers!

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 11:17 »
If we are honest, I think most of us will have done something very similar at sometime.    Do you want to borrow my hard-hat   :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 18:35 »
Poor you, and I hope the bandages come off soon, with no long-term scars etc...:0~

I chucked a lot of old 6X in our greenhouse one year - it was quite old stuff and very wet, so I thought it was pretty benign...

The ammonia gases killed everything off in hours, and had to beg forgiveness for several days after that!

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 10:54 »
OMG! What ward are you in? Not trying to be smug by any means but I've always been afraid of doing that, so my old sprayer is the weed killer one where I have to hold up the tube or it doesn't come out, the new one is for fungicide, and the smaller hand-held one is for foliar feed spray. Maybe an application of different coloured insulting tape applied to said sprayers would be a good idea for the future reconciliation and continual relation harmonising so we don't have to keep putting our heads under the duvet and thanking heaven that we were forewarned just before we were going to make the same mistake as you the very next day.  :ohmy: :blush: ??? :unsure: :wub: :tongue2:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 11:16 »
Poor you, and I hope the bandages come off soon, with no long-term scars etc...:0~

I chucked a lot of old 6X in our greenhouse one year - it was quite old stuff and very wet, so I thought it was pretty benign...

The ammonia gases killed everything off in hours, and had to beg forgiveness for several days after that!

Only days !!!!  Mrs B

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2023, 11:56 »

Only days !!!!  Mrs B

Er yes - they were the days when I regained consciousness Mrs B...

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 19:44 »
That’ll larn yer Rowlands as they say oop north, another advantage of no dig, less weeds, no need for chemicals :tongue2: :tongue2:
 :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 12:19 »
Sorry about your troubles RW.

The past is the past, but something that could help in the future is to zip-tie a small zip-lock bag onto the handle of the sprayer. When you mix up a "potion", write up a note (what the potion is, date you mixed it, date you will use up or discard it).

I have a special sprayer for herbicides. It is sold by Round Up, therefore has their logo printed on it.  I'll never accidentally use that sprayer for pest contol.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

wighty

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2023, 16:30 »
I think you need to come shopping here on the Island.  We sell green screw capped sprayers for 'good' stuff and red screw capped sprayers for the 'bad' stuff.  Could save y ou from another ear bashing.  Just to make you feel better my ex husband always used to say that he was always in the 'doo doo' it was just the depth that varied.   :D

xx
How deep is your mud?

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post April 08, 2024, 23:21
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 45 queries.