Electronic payments

• 37 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Electronic payments
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 11:14 »
I'd try to find another bank that's more friendly to small businesses..

Growster...

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 12:14 »
It's no small wonder that cash is still King, Mum, Covid or not!

Hang in there Jezza!

jezza

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 19:00 »
Hello I've been out all day grass cutting every customers paid me cash it left in pre arranged areas so that I dont have any contact with anybody the last one on the list is 93    jezza

wighty

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2020, 20:29 »
In our shop we only accept cash, cheques or Bacs    payments.  We've enquired about machines before and the bank has told us we don't have a big enough turnover to make it 'WORTH THEIR WHILE' We never have any problems with customers paying in cash. 

Growster...

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 20:29 »
We need people like you in Westminster, Jezza, you're wasted on real work!

Goferit!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 01:00 »
In our shop we only accept cash, cheques or Bacs    payments.  We've enquired about machines before and the bank has told us we don't have a big enough turnover to make it 'WORTH THEIR WHILE' We never have any problems with customers paying in cash.
Things are changing though - when I went to Norway 15 years ago I got some currency and my Norwegian pal laughed when I told him. I found out why: the taxi from the airport took a card, the market stall took a card, the pub took a card. They looked at cash as if it was something from history! Mind you, the taxi was £80 and a couple of rounds in the pub wasn't much less.. All the traders had card machines linked to their mobile phones.
Incidentally there are a number of merchant service providers who can handle card transactions for you, not just your bank. Even PayPal do something for card transactions linked to your mobile phone. I really must get a smart phone... :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Growster...

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 06:05 »
We use a local Waitrose, which has a Post Office counter.

I had to cash a small cheque recently, and apart from a bit of a palaver with C19 and not touching anything (or anyone), It went through with no charge, and appeared on our statement a day or so later described as 'Night Safe'.

Saved me a trip to Cranbrook too...

(And I bought some beer while I was up there, so I was well pleased)!

snowdrops

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 08:11 »
They closed the branch of the bank we’re with, we used to have a business account but I don’t recall having to pay to deposit a cheque. I digress, now if I want to pay in a cheque I do so online by taking a photo via their app, front & back & within a couple of days receive a text to say it’s been approved & if the originators bank approves it tge money will be in my account in a few days. I deposited one in this manor on Saturday evening, & got the text yesterday . Far easier than going to the bank.
I’d check out other banks & types of accounts does it need to be a business account?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jezza

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 16:02 »
Hello when I opened the account 25 years ago I was told that I had to have a business account as a personal account couldn't be used for business paying in , jezza   

jezza

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 18:06 »
Hello  just had a call from the owner of the garden I work in begging me to go back,theres foing to be a cash payment at the end of the day,he's realised that the other workers can't cope with the grass cutting ,I did mention that its companies like his that
has put Great Britain into dooddoo street with electronic payments for every thing, now  just need him to buy mowers fit for purpose, have just opened a new account with Mr Crawford it's free banking same interest rate as other banks ,nowt and I can access it any time  jezza

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 19:04 »
A good end to the story, jezza  :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2020, 19:12 »
opened a new account with Mr Crawford
Never heard of that one  :wacko:

jezza

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2020, 20:39 »
Hello Mr Crawfords bank is a biscuit tin in Yorkshire theres also Jacob's  biscuit tin  jezza

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2020, 21:51 »
Hello Mr Crawfords bank is a biscuit tin in Yorkshire theres also Jacob's  biscuit tin  jezza

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

jezza

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2020, 09:50 »
Hello I've just got the list of jobs(17) to do tomorrow with the times for each job and a note that all the lawned areas have to be cut to a height not exceeding 3mm,they dont under stand that the mowers wont go lower than 10mm   jezza

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 55 queries.