Help. how do i?

• 4 Replies

alfiebasher

Help. how do i?
« on: December 28, 2008, 22:20 »
Hi, im trying to get rid of about 100.000 stones, whats the best way to do this? is it a rotavator??
im trying to make a schooling area for horses,and im new to this sort of thing,cant afford alot need to do it as cheap as possible,any help will be really welcome
thanks

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Help. how do i?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 17:25 »
I'm no techy, so may well be contradicted by others who are, but I'd have thought a rotovator wouldn't remove your stones for you; in fact, I wonder whether it may get damaged if your soil is that stony?

Small-scale, a rake is the best way to remove stones.  I imagine a similar technique would be needed larger-scale.

If your ground is incredibly stony, don't forget that stones will continue to come to the surface over time unless you've concreted or used other hard surface.

I'll let somebody more competent comment further now ...
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

alfiebasher

Help. how do i?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 22:16 »
i,did think that a rotavator would be best, but i can see where your coming from,.
what else can i use,(anyone want any nice stones lol)

Gwiz

Help. how do i?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 07:31 »
Cheap, small-scale way is with a rake.
Expensive, large-scale way is with a tractor mounted stone burier. ( might now be done as a walk behind machine ) :D

Salmo

Help. how do i?
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 09:51 »
Pick all the largest stones off by hand and then roll it with a heavy roller. A garden roller will probably not do the job. You will need to borrow one from the local cricket club or talk nicely to a farmer.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 28 queries.