General Advice

• 3 Replies

New Hampshire lover

General Advice
« on: April 08, 2008, 19:58 »
Will users give me tips and advice on how to care and look after chickens. I'm in the process of building my coop which in all fairness is going rather well. As soon as it's completed and the run I want to obtain 2 New Hampshire Reds, 2 Warrens, 2 Rhode Island Reds and 2 Black Rocks. Could members by any chance post pictures of these breeds..Thank You.

babe

• elvis king of chooks
General Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 20:24 »
hello and welcome

this may be a really silly question, but why have you chosen those breeds, if you dont know what they look like??

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
General Advice
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 21:02 »
Hi and welcome  :D  best bet is to read through the pages in this section esp thekeeping chickens post ohh and this one all written by people who know what they are talking about, and don't forget the Poultry pages
Phew !!  :lol:  any questions then shout
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

henpecked

General Advice
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 21:05 »
I'm 6 days into chicken keeping, so I'm not exactly a seasoned pro, by here's my thoughts so far...

Check out websites and web forums etc, gather advice then expect to sit somewhere in the middle. There is a lot of very strict/stringent advice from some websites, they are very thorough and cover all bases but are very much focussed on the chickens and expect you to be too (they ignore the fact that we have lives other thatn chickens), then there are the realists who have lots of experience and tell it like it is. Try and find a balanced p.o.v...i.e. you don't need the most expensive feeder...they'll eat out of anything...but they do need food.

I spent a lot of time googling "keeping chickens" and following the advice that sat right with me.

Most importantly, sit back, relax and enjoy those chooks.

xx
How much space for temporary run & general advice please

Started by kopperdrake on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post January 15, 2009, 15:36
by kopperdrake
xx
general enquirey

Started by Bilbo67 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 14, 2010, 20:40
by jhub
xx
General Information!

Started by New Hampshire lover on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 21, 2008, 22:00
by richyrich7
xx
poultry first aid/general health kit?

Started by chuckmum on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 17, 2010, 22:46
by dizzylizzie

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 38 queries.