Helping Theatres

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Helping Theatres
« on: August 09, 2020, 12:55 »
I saw that you can go to theatres/cinemas, but must wear a mask, unless you are eating or drinking.  Firstly, IMO, I could make popcorn last all through the show, so no face covering for me     !!!!!
Secondly, there is something on at the local theatre in September I want to see.   The seat number I always book is free with one beside it, then spaces.     I have this morning tried to book, but can only do so IF I pay for both seats    :mad: :mad:      So I shall not be helping, but not for lack of trying.     It really is most unfair that single people are so discriminated.      Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Helping Theatres
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 18:24 »
Theatres will have done their seating plans and won't be able to seat anyone else next to you because they will be from a different household.  They need to fill as many seats as possible because of spacing, hence you buy that pair / block of seats rather than just one.

I suppose it depends on how determined you are to sit in that seat.  If it has to be that seat or nothing, then it looks as though you can't attend the theatre.  But I'd be looking at the seating plan to see where the single seats were, to see whether any of them are an acceptable plan B.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 20:25 »
Is it that you book that specific seat because of your hearing Mrs B? If it’s so you are on the hearing loop I would be ringing them to discuss the discrimination
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 11:59 »
Theatres will have done their seating plans and won't be able to seat anyone else next to you because they will be from a different household.  They need to fill as many seats as possible because of spacing, hence you buy that pair / block of seats rather than just one.

I suppose it depends on how determined you are to sit in that seat.  If it has to be that seat or nothing, then it looks as though you can't attend the theatre.  But I'd be looking at the seating plan to see where the single seats were, to see whether any of them are an acceptable plan B.

Whilst I understand the reasoning, what I do not understand is, that in this theatre, there is no single seating.    Mrs B

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 12:01 »
Is it that you book that specific seat because of your hearing Mrs B? If it’s so you are on the hearing loop I would be ringing them to discuss the discrimination

You are quite right snowdrops,  and I intent to ring them when the box office opens today.  Mrs B

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 12:07 »
Oh botheration.   Just tried the box office number and it is only open Tuesday and Thursday for two hours. >:(
The pent up frustration   :ohmy:.    Hey is it worth it    !!!!!     Mrs B

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 21:17 »

Whilst I understand the reasoning, what I do not understand is, that in this theatre, there is no single seating.    Mrs B

Oh well that's different and not acceptable.  I had presumed that there would be a variety of seat combinations, so you could find a single seat elsewhere rather than in your usual place.  Definitely speak to them tomorrow.

xx
Giving Nature a Helping Hand

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 13, 2019, 17:24
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 46 queries.