weather gone mad

• 39 Replies

blackbob

• Experienced Member
weather gone mad
« on: June 06, 2008, 22:21 »
just a quick word to people about the weather next tuesday onwards.
seems like we have quite a northerly system brewing which will result in some very unseasonal temps for the time of year.
night time temps down to single figures wednesday onwards,still a lot of data to come in yet.
but i'll keep a close eye on it and let everyone know :wink:  bob.

Trillium

weather gone mad
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 22:31 »
I'll gladly trade you: it was 33C here today and very humid. The weekend is to be 31C.  :pale: It was murder outside at work today.

vegmandan

weather gone mad
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 23:47 »
I'll trade you any day.

31c seems fine to me,better than 31f like we might get over here :lol:

Trillium

weather gone mad
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 03:39 »
Don't wish for it until you've tried it  :lol:  It's really hard to work in.

blackbob

• Experienced Member
weather gone mad
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 20:18 »
looks like this northerly is nailed bang on now folks,enjoy tomorrow then get the thermals on wednesday onwards :cry:

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
weather gone mad
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 06:04 »
What happened to this global warming we were promised?
If it rots compost it
If it burns burn it
If it is chocolate eat it

crowndale

weather gone mad
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:20 »
I remember living in hong kong where it was 33C from april to october and often 98% humidity, but not always raining.  very draining.  we used to move from shop to shop fast to get the aircon back!!
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

green fingers

• Experienced Member
weather gone mad
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 20:57 »
Global Warming?

I think its a conspiracy theory!

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
weather gone mad
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 20:59 »
Quote from: "green fingers"
Global Warming?

I think its a conspiracy theory!

Don't start!!!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

green fingers

• Experienced Member
weather gone mad
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 21:26 »
Just thought it would get everyone away from the dreaded football :D

paintedlady

weather gone mad
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 15:58 »
I happen to think something is odd about the British weather this year - I have always been a weather watcher, obsessively checking out the forecasts sometimes more than once a day :roll: .  

We should be having warm fronts sweeping up from the atlantic with the odd high pressure for but so far its all from a north & easterly direction which is very unusual for this time of year.  Even the gale force wind from the east over the spring back holiday weekend was freakish.
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
weather gone mad
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 10:33 »
May be the global warming stopped because the council's started recycling domestic waste and only collect the bins every fortnight.

Still can't see how much help a bit of domestic waste will be with the cost of supplying non recycle-able plastic bins whose lids fly about, dangerously in the wind, after the men have taken the brick holding them in place off  to empty them, the cost of treatment in carbon footprint probably exceeds creating from new.

I am in full agreement with limiting the waste on the world's natural resources but when I see some one who insists on all their food being organic, using their car for a journey, which (and I have proved it) is as quick even quicker to walk. I get just a teeny bit niggled.

As my 93 year old neighbour said, 'too many folk with not enough to do trying to make out they are doing something useful' He added 'and I am not going to stop smoking for any body'.

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
weather gone mad
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 10:45 »
Quote from: "crowndale"
I remember living in hong kong where it was 33C from april to october and often 98% humidity, but not always raining.  very draining.  we used to move from shop to shop fast to get the aircon back!!

this made me laugh.. we went to HK a few years ago and it was about 29C and the locals were all wearing gloves/scarfs and big coats!!! i had shorts and t-shirt and was sweating like crazy!!

dereklane

• Experienced Member
weather gone mad
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 11:31 »
"We should be having warm fronts sweeping up from the atlantic"

I know green fingers is probably aware of this, but...

The gulf stream (which brings tropically warmed water to Britain) is slowing. That means less insulation from Britain's northerly position from the cool that comes from the north, thanks to an ever faster melting arctic circle (to do with currents and the influx of meltwater from the arctic and northern Russia, which makes it less saline and therefore harder to sink, and weakens the gulf stream accordingly). Some experts think it may even be ice free this summer, but almost definitely within the next few. It was also suggest a few years back that British average temps might drop up to a few degrees in the next couple of decades, meaning more severe winters and cooler summers.

So, according to the theory, GW won't make Britain warmer in the short term, but it will (and is) definitely shaking up the weather patterns. 'Global warming' doesn't mean 'UK warming' (at least short term) any more than 'world series baseball' means anyone else in the world plays it but Americans :)

I've been to Singapore, and compared to Queensland, the air feels so heavy. I thought the humidity was bad in Brisbane - don't know how people manage along the equator.

cheers,

Derek

johnathome

weather gone mad
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 18:50 »
High winds and heavy rain up north tomorrow

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7467236.stm

The storms - with winds which could reach 65mph across northern Britain - are expected to peak around midday.

The worst affected areas are expected to be north Wales and northern England, but Northern Ireland and southern Scotland may also be affected

Tie yer tunnels down!

Actually i think Baseball is the national game in Japan. I remember them beating the Americans in the final in an Olympics

xx
weather

Started by noshed on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post May 30, 2006, 20:27
by Debz and Jon
xx
Weather changes

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 23, 2019, 10:06
by Mr Dog
xx
bad weather.

Started by mrpotatohead on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 17, 2012, 10:19
by Yorkie
xx
Weather

Started by BostonInbred on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2010, 20:08
by Missy1970

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 40 queries.