hello from Guernsey

• 3 Replies

Lisa in Guernsey

• March 2012
hello from Guernsey
« on: March 31, 2012, 15:34 »
Hello there!
I am new to all things green so I apologise in advance for all my daft questions!
I moved to sunny Guernsey 3 years ago but this is my first attempt of raised beds. Last year I successfully grew 4 runner bean plants in a narrow flower bed - how, I do not know? This year, a new house and I have big plans. We are about 4 weeks ahead of UK mainland and so I have already put in asparagas crowns but nothing, literally, has happened...? Have i done something wrong or is it normal for nothing to happen for a while (5 weeks)....  :blink: :unsure:
Carrots, beets, garlic and onions all doing well from seed. Broccolli and mange tout planted out too - its a small garden but I have big plans :)

Here's hoping that someone will know what to do  :blush:
thaks !

Ice

• muck spreader
Re: hello from Guernsey
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 16:16 »
Welcome to the forum.  I've moved your post to "grow your own" so you get more replies.  Please pop back to the welcome forum and tell us a little about yourself. :)
Cheese makes everything better.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 19:29 »
Welcome to the site  :D

I'm not an asparagus expert but if they only went in 5 weeks ago, I'd expect them to be focusing on establishing the root systems.

Of course, you won't be able to harvest anything this year - and only a couple of stems next year - so as to enable proper harvests in following years.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Charl89

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 14:39 »
Hello fello channel islander. I'm from Alderney  :D your the first i have seen since being here lol

Page created in 0.417 seconds with 38 queries.