Looking after your joints in winter,what do you do

• 17 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Looking after your joints in winter,what do you do
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 08:22 »
Has the doctor checked al78 or is that just a 'its probably ...' diagnosis ?

Just asking because OH had the same at around your age and it turned out to be gout, which he subsequently found out has surfaced regularly in his family.  The pain is crystals forming in the joints and if left untreated it can cause damage and bring on arthritis.  Big toes are often where it starts.

He was a bit put out as he's not known for quaffing flagons of wine or devouring whole joints straight from the bone, but it is actually hereditary and can skip generations.

Auntiemogs

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 14:10 »
I am no spring chicken any more :(,so i have to look after the old joints,also i am waiting for my hip revision,it was done 6yrs ago and nothing but trouble,then i found out 18 months ago,it has not been but in straight :mad:.
And that 18 months ago was the last time i heard any thing from the hospital :mad:,i have been using a stick to help me get around.

I would get on to your GP and/or PALS at your hospital Lillileaf.  18 months without a word if far too long (they're probably hoping that you'll go away), and won't be good for the rest of your muscles/joints....

Not just for winter but all year round I have a tablespoon of ground turmeric mixed into yogurt with a grind of black pepper. Wasn't sure if it was still effective so last January I stopped taking it for a month, when I started again the next morning my hands felt so much better.
I've just bought some tumeric with black pepper and ginger Blewit, so fingers crossed!  I'd love to cut down on my pain meds, and it is supposed to be very good for inflammation.  :)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Blewit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 16:45 »
Following advice on this thread Aunty, I've also started having a glass of pineapple juice each morning and pleased to say that's making a difference too. Have also bought some glucosamine tabs but only started taking them yesterday. Hope the turmeric works for you, they use it for race horses as well, thoroughbreds of course so we're in good company  :D

xx
Hi de Hi in Winter...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post November 21, 2017, 10:31
by compostqueen
xx
the winter blues

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 06, 2020, 13:34
by WeavingGryphon
xx
Winter solstice.

Started by RubyRed on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post December 22, 2021, 07:19
by Christine
xx
A Winter's Tale

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post December 24, 2018, 12:51
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 39 queries.