New to this forum? Not sure how to do things? Check out the help

hello

• 6 Replies

NE-allotment

hello
« on: January 27, 2017, 11:48 »
Hi everyone my names sam. I recently took over my grandads allotment on which I helped him over his last few years sadly he past away last year i gained a lot of knowledge from him over the years but now he is no longer hear to turn to for advice hopefully there will be people on hear to help thanks sam 👍👍👍👍

snowdrops

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 12:02 »
Sorry to hear about your grandad but how lovely that you have been able to take over his allotment, I imagine you feel he is very close when you are up there. I feel very close to my dad & uncle when I am on my plot, not that they ever saw it but they both grew veg for many years. Mind you I think sometimes they would be shaking their heads & saying" aye lass what on earth are you doing it like that for"😄 But I hope that they also think" well lass you've taught me summat" 😅. I certainly taught my dad about compost making whilst at our old house, he was amazed how wonderful it was one time when I was digging some out!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

NE-allotment

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 12:10 »
Thank you and yes I feel him all the time when iam there or doing anything garden related lol. He was a professional gardener so big boots to fill. He held on and got me to my first show for that I can never thank him enough. 😀

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 15:31 »
Welcome Sam. It sounds as though you have a lot to offer us as well.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 15:33 »
Hi and welcome  :)  I'm sure your grandad would be very proud to see you take over his plot  :)

DIGGER

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 18:07 »
Welcome,I remember some 10 years ago when I started my plot.  I Was unsure whether I would take to it so didn't invest in any tools.So I used my dads who had just passed.The rake was wired together the fork with a bit missing and hoe screwed together. I used to talk to him on the plot and felt he was laughing at me.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 20:53 »
Welcome to the site Sam, hope you enjoy making the allotment your own while always remembering your Granddad  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 39 queries.