Mr Bates v the post office

• 47 Replies

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Mr Bates v the post office
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2024, 11:54 »
Panorama did coverage of the scandal but I don’t think I was aware of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0016t20
 (needs a sign in)

rowlandwells

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2024, 15:13 »
it sounds like you've got your finger on the pulse Goosy the post office having criminal  proceeding taken against them that's music to my ears the same goes for the rest of those involved bring it on

and I thought that version on panorama was bit watered down auntie a list ditch attempt to get involved pity they didn't get involved before O I forgot there part of the establishment are they not

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2024, 19:15 »
I believe it was a reshowing of a previous programme, not a brand new one for now
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2024, 22:56 »
I believe it was a reshowing of a previous programme, not a brand new one for now

It was shown in April 2022.

Goosegirl

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2024, 08:53 »
I missed the drama about this. Is it available now and where do I find it? I now have a smart TV but haven't got to grips with all the various sites on it and, if I manage to find it, I'll need a PC expert to tell me how I go back to what I call the normal TV progs.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2024, 11:16 »
You will be able to find it on ITVX.

Goosegirl

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2024, 09:25 »
Thanks AS. I'll have a rootle and click on ITVX. Where I go from there is anyone's guess as I haven't used it before. W3atch this space - ha!  :nowink:

Goosegirl

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2024, 09:09 »
My niece-in-law came yesterday and, albeit having a bit of trouble finding it, she did and I saw it. OMG! Today it's a chief executive from Fujitsu in both the enquiry place and with some MPs. That should be interesting to say the least.  :blush:

Goosegirl

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2024, 08:56 »
Today's breakfast TV had one of the sub-postmistresses on who was interviewed earlier last week with some others who were also wrongly accused. The heads who spoke yesterday at the inquiry were very sorry - yeah! I hope theirs and others heads will roll when it's over or preferably before then. As for the compo, well, it's anyone's guess when that will be paid and in what year. In the meantime, junior reporter GG will do her best to keep you abreast of how things develop.

rowlandwells

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2024, 11:07 »
we done Goosy your keeping us up to speed with the latest developments its getting interesting to see those in the hot seat having to explain the injustice  to all those wrongly accused and how there lives have been changed for ever but there still plenty of things to come  including people in high places brought to account name and shame the sooner the better for me

Goosegirl

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2024, 09:14 »
Today's breakfast programme had another person who was one of several they interviewed the other week. As he was given a criminal record he couldn't get a job afterwards. The lawyer who is acting for some of them actually knew him as a friend. He's going back down to London to the rest of the enquiry and, said without any malice, wants to see Paula Vennells squirm in her seat when she's interrogated. He also said that there are many more victims out there that haven't come forward as some have already died, and some just can't face the trauma all over again. Personally, I don't blame them. More Fujitsu executives are testifying today. 

rowlandwells

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2024, 13:15 »
I totally agree with your comments Goosy  lets hope more of these victims involved do come forward to claim what's owed to them and those who caused this in the first place get what coming to them

Goosegirl

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2024, 09:02 »
Today it's more bosses from Fujitsu, plus some employees who were, to say the very least, extremely disrespectful - nay - downright rude to one of the post office people who was portrayed in the drama and went to court. They called him a nasty man in an email. Would the mods allow me to do various anagrams of swear words? Thought not.

Goosegirl

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2024, 08:59 »
Today's breakfast prog featured a mother and daughter who each had post offices. They were both accused of fraud and told by the Post Office that, if they communicated with each other in any way, they would go to prison because they would be colluding together. This meant no cards, no phone calls or anything whatsoever. Her daughter became pregnant - she couldn't tell her mum, nor could she when her baby was born. Yet another heart-breaking interview. I abhor theft of any kind including plagiarism and would have preferred to go to prison rather than to plead guilty for something I'd not done. Easy said I suppose, but which ever way you chose your reputation would have been in tatters. Keep 'em coming BBC so as to maintain the status quo of immense public anger.

rowlandwells

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2024, 14:08 »
yet another part of this saga Gooosy its endless we must keep the pot boiling and hopefully one day it will all be sorted and those wrongly accused  mite find some satisfaction in the outcome of all this injustice together with a reimbursement that they justly deserve

xx
Post office message scam

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post April 17, 2022, 21:09
by Yorkie
clip
Can't argue with the Post Office this time.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 09, 2022, 11:34
by DanielCoffey
xx
The Office

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post March 24, 2019, 12:13
by mrs bouquet
xx
How long before I can post in the forums?

Started by Browseruk on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2023, 09:53
by John

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 54 queries.