gardeners world doncaster

• 4 Replies

duncan

« on: June 06, 2007, 19:11 »
had some plug plants given dorado cabbage there doing very well up here in the north of england does anyone know if there summer or winter cabbage they have hearted up very well  but dont know when to cut them ... also iam growing parsnips in tubes gladiator parsnips they seem to be doing well BUT have very large tops..growing radish in tubes just great for this snatch crop saves space in the garden...tried carrots BUT FAILED dont know why maybe because i used compost  all the roots are twisted..in tubes...still planting spring cabbage they seem to take no time in growing and ready for lunch after a few weeks for greens..durham early ...greyhound cabbage are doing nothing this summer even the rest of the gardeners around here are having same problems here in doncaster ....cauliflowers are showing great signs very big ...just seems strange  we did nothing last year with cauliflower but did great with cabbage this its cauliflower...did great with carrots this year its parsnips.. even the new potatoes have done well.   last year terrible with potatoes.. cucumbers a flying here to 4ft high now with plenty of flowers ... :idea:  :wink:
growing big onions  leeks parsnips carrots ..

iamnew

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 08:55 »
Hi duncan, sounds like your're doing well. I'm in Rotherham not far away. What tubes do you use to grow your roots and radish? never tried this but it is only my second year :) . I know they do a vegetable show and competition at clifton park every year, but i'm not sure when this is. I think it's the same time as the rotherham show. I could be wrong but i'm sure it's 1st/2nd weekend in september. Nice to hear from someone in yorkshire, theres not many on here! :wink:
Try to be organic when possible!!

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 09:18 »
where about in donny are you Duncan? its my home town, my father in law has a plot in balby
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

duncan

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 10:28 »
Quote from: "iamnew"
Hi duncan, sounds like your're doing well. I'm in Rotherham not far away. What tubes do you use to grow your roots and radish? never tried this but it is only my second year :) . I know they do a vegetable show and competition at clifton park every year, but i'm not sure when this is. I think it's the same time as the rotherham show. I could be wrong but i'm sure it's 1st/2nd weekend in september. Nice to hear from someone in yorkshire, theres not many on here! :wink:

hello

i use plastic tubes here  about 12in wide  2ft in length for parsnips and  about a foot in length for radish.. i use drain pipes  some are around 4ins to 12ins wide.. just depends on what your growing saves a lot of space in the garden to when planting radish or a snatch crop ive got mine in a row at the side of my green house...space which would never be used... at this time of year iam now planting parsnips carrots in tubes for Christmas..and then potatoes in the green house also for Christmas ...

thanks for the reply

duncan

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 10:34 »
Quote from: "Zak the Rabbit"
where about in donny are you Duncan? its my home town, my father in law has a plot in balby

iam about  6miles from balby iam in woodlands here

just having a chat see who knows any thing about gardening

not many i think  hehehe

thanks for the reply

xx
gardeners world doncaster cats

Started by duncan on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 08, 2007, 17:14
by liz from the fizz
xx
gardeners world

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post October 22, 2019, 17:57
by rowlandwells
xx
Gardeners world

Started by Lupin lurcher on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post March 08, 2010, 09:23
by Debz
xx
Gardeners World

Started by clive f on Grow Your Own

33 Replies
Last post March 03, 2007, 21:20
by muntjac

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 38 queries.