When?

• 5 Replies

Christine

When?
« on: September 21, 2017, 08:05 »
Is there an off season for allotment holding? Can I have Christmas day off? Just at the moment even getting the plots ready for winter seems a long way off and it's September. Not to mention that there's the thought of winter onion sets and over wintering broad beans (maybe not the latter, maybe).

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: When?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 08:17 »
I feel your pain!

It seems never ending, but can you think of anything else that would keep you (fairly in my case) physically and mentally active,  that is as rewarding ?
I can't - I'll only give up when I have to.

azubah

• www.Godsaves.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 08:23 »
Why would you want a day off?  ???

robinahood

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 17:23 »
I am actually looking forward to the first winter I have had an allotment, the respite from the worst of the weeds will give me some time to sort out hedges, prune the vine which has gone feral, mend the greenhouse etc. That's the theory anyway, probably lack of light and dodgy weather will scupper my ideas!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 19:55 »
That's the theory anyway, probably lack of light and dodgy weather will scupper my ideas!

It will some days that is for sure   ::)  You do have more time to get it all done though.  I'm no-where near having the plot cleared, but that's OK.  I have space cleared for the stuff I do want to overwinter and the rest will get done ... eventually  :lol:

Christine

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 13:01 »
Why would you want a day off?  ???
For a change of activity ... all gardening and no play can make me a boring girl.  :D

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 39 queries.