The Munchies

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

The Munchies
« on: December 19, 2019, 16:30 »
One of those days when you get "the munchies".    When you know you want something to eat, and it doesn't matter what you eat, it is not the thing that satisfies.    I have that today, so after and dried fruit and cereal brunch, I have eaten, some grapes and an apple, no not them,  a mincepie, not that either,   two little squares of dark chocolate, and 2 mint Matchmakers.    Not any of them !!!!!!!.  I am going to put a top coat on my nails now, as I am going out for a big roast tonight !!     That should prevent the "munchies"   ::)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: The Munchies
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 17:21 »
I've been like that today - I love those tubes of  'once you pop you can't stop' in sour cream flavour and stopped buying them because of that - but I bought some for the holidays. I opened them and they didn't hit the spot either  :ohmy:
I don't know whether they've altered the recipe or I'm losing/have completely lost my taste buds but they weren't how I remember them.... so only ate a couple. Oh well!

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 17:38 »
There's an answer to the sour cream quandary, Mum!

Apparently, the flavour is right up front, so as soon as the thing touches the taste buds, you get a 'rush', which lasts for a second or so.

After that few seconds, the next one follows with the same result, so the whole tube is made up of 'rushes', and little else!

Not a lot of people know that...;0)

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 17:39 »
I like those too but didn’t buy any for last Christmas or this & nobody mentioned them. I don’t like being manipulated.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 18:31 »
Mrs Growster is wearing black today, as we can't find any cheese footballs...

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 19:59 »
I've been like that today - I love those tubes of  'once you pop you can't stop' in sour cream flavour and stopped buying them because of that - but I bought some for the holidays. I opened them and they didn't hit the spot either  :ohmy:
I don't know whether they've altered the recipe or I'm losing/have completely lost my taste buds but they weren't how I remember them.... so only ate a couple. Oh well!
   how odd you should mention that. I've just sat eating some and I wasn't thrilled either. They seem to have cut down on the salt. 😕

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 46 queries.