My dog Honey

• 96 Replies

Bizzi Lizzi

My dog Honey
« on: July 29, 2010, 11:50 »
My poor little Honey.  It looks like she could have thyroid cancer.  Have taken her to the vets this morning for an operation to remove the lump so fingers crossed that it is a success.

Spend an hour in the local park with my other dog and my daughter having a picnic putting the world to rights, got back to the car and the b****y thing wouldn't start!  Got it going on the fourth attempt, got home and now a nice man from the RAC is operating on her too.

Oh, did I mention that my pet insurance might not cover the cost of Honey's treatment?  At the last count we were on £950!  Had to cancel next years holiday.

On the up side ... mother-in-law not now coming to us for Christmas!!!!

Hey, my life in a nutshell.

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes so far.

twissle

• Experienced Member
Re: My dog Honey
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 12:16 »
AWW hope Honey get's better soon :). My cocker had a twisted gutt It cost me £1900 :ohmy:. worth every penny though she's fine now thank god :)

catllar

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 13:25 »
I really feel for you - we had a Honey dog - a golden labby - she had thyroid problems for years and was on constant medication, cost a fortune but you just can't let them go, can you?

Interestingly her medication said on the packet " whilst taking this medication avoid driving and alcohol"

This made Honey very annoyed - she was not tall enough to be able to read the bus timetable, so she constantly missed the bus, she didn't want to relinquish her evening sherry and her day was only saved by the knowledge that her  afterdinner cigar was not on the banned list!

Let's hope your Honey sticks with it - good luck and giver her a hug from me

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 13:30 »
Oh Lizzie, I hope she will be ok.

Our little Ellie has cost us about £600 so far and none of that is reclaimable as it was all routine maintenence stuff but seeing her face yesterday when she got home from the vets and realised she was home was worth ever penny.

Fingers crossed for you.
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it....

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 13:34 »
Oh Lizzie, it looks like its your turn for a bit of good luck. :( I hope things start to improve soon. :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

vet

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 13:56 »
Was hoping you'd post something about Honey, was afraid to ask just in case. :unsure:

We had to have our cat put to sleep earlier this year so good to hear its not come that.
Don't know why we have insurance they seem to spend most of their time trying to duck any claims :dry:  Anyhow hope things go better for you in the future :)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 14:04 »
Fingers and paws crossed for Honey's recovery.

Bizzi Lizzi

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 15:58 »
The very latest news is that the growth was very self-contained, good news, but some may have already spread to her lungs but time will tell.  The vet is optimistic.

Thank you again for all your best wishes.  Will keep you posted.

rockyracoon

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 16:06 »
Bizzi Lizzi, I hope your dog makes a full recovery.  It's amazing how a bundle of fluff affects us the way it does. 

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 16:39 »
Glad the op went well. Finger's crossed for you and Honey

Slowgrind

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 16:55 »
We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you!

Pretty Chick

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 18:40 »
One of ours had to have an op because of cancer and he's fine now  :happy:
I hope Honey recovers soon :)
All lives are precious.

Livinhope

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 20:09 »
Several years ago after xrays it was discovered that one of our beautiful cats had a tumour in the bladder.   She had been in the vets over night and I went in to see her in the morning before they did an exploratory op.  Talking to the vet I realised that it was very bad news and said, in sheer desperation , 'Why do we have these animals?'   His answer, 'Because of the pleasure they give us while we have them,'... 'and the ultimate reward we can give them is to let them go when their life is no longer a joy to them and to us.'  I tend to cling on to this when I have to say goodbye to yet another beloved pet.

I do hope the news is good.

Her name was Honey too.

rockyracoon

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 11:41 »
Ow, Livinhope, that just made me cry, so true though.

Livinhope

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 12:05 »
I am an animal nutter, not stupid in their management, but will defend them and their rights to the very end.  I warn you this is not a brief story.

I have a little dog who, through no fault of her own, had three owners in fifteen months before she reached me.  The man who had her parents was going to drown her and her brother because it was an unplanned pregnancy.  I know the b.....d, he lives just up the road from me.  She is a Pomeranian x JR, looks mostly Pom and very pretty.  Someone else I know heard and took the two dogs.  Kept the little girl and homed the boy.  When the pup was about six months old, allegedly she snapped at the grand daughter, as I said to my vet, 'What was the kid doing'?  Person passed her on to someone who calls herself a model, (?) and thought pup was a nice little fashion accessory.  After a few months skint unable to buy food for the dog, plus got fed up with the commitment, plus awful live in boyfriend who cleared off, in desperation she rang my daughter and asked (knowing me and my ideas) if I would take the dog.  I rang girl back and asked about temperament etc., we had four other dogs at the time plus four cats, rabbit and two horses (no money :ohmy:).  I agreed to take her on the understanding that the girl would have to take me to court but she would never ever get her back.   Incidentally, now she is a nice litle dog the first owner suggested, once, she might consider having her back.  Not a snowballs chance in hell. :tongue2:.   

She is a gorgeous little dog, does motoring, the allotment, horses but she is very wary of people and hates men.  She is food obsessed and very nervous, but she knows she's safe and is totally devoted to myself and my daughter.  Two of our other dogs are rescued, plus all the cats and one pony.  As I said I'm a nutter. :blink:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:13 by Livinhope »

xx
Our first honey harvest.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post October 16, 2022, 11:41
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Comb Honey-Any advice?

Started by Becky-Lou on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2013, 14:37
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.359 seconds with 35 queries.