Wasp ridders...

• 3 Replies

Growster...

Wasp ridders...
« on: July 27, 2019, 12:23 »
Having just parted company with £40.00 to get rid of a nest in the eaves, I'm considering buying my own kit! It'd pay for itself over the years!

Has anyone bought a high-level powder applicator and how much would a decent one cost?

I now know the reason for the term 'The Sting'...;0)

jezza

Re: Wasp ridders...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 18:45 »
Hello that applicator that looks like a pump sprayer works the opposite way to a sprayer does it draws air in to push the powder out they're about £150 suits £200 refill of powder is £60 and you'll need a pest control licence to get the powder  at a special supplier  jezza

snow white

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 21:48 »
I had a wasps nest in my attic. They used to come out of the wall.  All I did was make a wasp trapper out of an old squash bottle, half fill with water, teaspoon jam,  few drops of washing up liquid and a few drops of vinegar.  I placed it near the place they came out of.  It traps and kills the wasps.  Then you empty them down the drain and refill the bottle.  I managed to clear an entire nest that way and none ever came back,.

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 17:47 »
Thanks both.

I eventually cleared them out (two nests near each other), by getting an 8' aluminium tube, poking some powder from a GC in one end, and shoving a wadded stick up the other end to force the stuff into the nest.

Worked OK, and they left!

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 38 queries.