Hello

• 17 Replies

OurAllotment

• Our Allotment Blog
Hello
« on: October 27, 2020, 21:18 »
Good evening, just having a look around the internet at gardening forums.

Me and our lass have been allotmenteering (if that is a word, it is now) since April, well as our lass would point out, Our lass got a half plot, just at the beginning of lockdown, after a 2 year wait. It was a life saver for us both, as it got us out from what could have been a very dark place.

I had put my name down a few days after our lass, but got offered a full plot at the end of August, but as couples can not have differing plots on our allotment site, Our lass gave up her half and moved to the full one which was offered to me. Her name, me being associate.

More room left, meant less cross words. Funny thing I don't like eating vegetables that much, and out lass thinks it is more shrewd to just buy from the supermarket. But we have enjoyed the benefits of getting out, on our new full plot, Our lass is flowers and fruit, I am potatoes mainly, and vegetables and whatever I can grow in the green house.

Our larger plot we nicknamed the crime scene, as it had tape everywhere, and at the end of each day I would send photographs to my wife. At which point, it was suggested I could blog about it, so this is something for the dark nights, will see if it continues in the summer nights.

Well that is about all from us.

snowdrops

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 21:35 »
Hi there & welcome to the site . Whereabouts are you from, Yorkshire by any chance?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

OurAllotment

• Our Allotment Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 08:36 »
Hi there & welcome to the site . Whereabouts are you from, Yorkshire by any chance?

Couldn't possibly think what led you t'believe that. But Our lass ribs me about my accent which can be of an occasion cockneyfied, and my wording from Yorkshire, when funnily enough I originate from neither M'duck (<<clue to place of origin)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 10:48 »
Hallo and welcome to our forum.   Lots of knowledge and natter going on here.   Good luck with the newish plot.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 11:13 »
Leicestershire then?

OurAllotment

• Our Allotment Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 10:18 »
Thank you for the welcome, as you can see, I am trying to sort out my signature, can anyone help me correct it?

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 11:55 »
Hi I’m sure one of the mods will be along soon to help with your signature  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 12:32 »
Welcome to the forum :)
Sorry if the rest seems less welcoming...

Thank you for the welcome, as you can see, I am trying to sort out my signature, can anyone help me correct it?
Site policy  https://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=19481.0
says
Links to other sites
No posts or PMs may contain external links to commercial or personal sites in which the poster has an interest unless approved by an administrator. This includes links to surveys, petitions, personal websites/blogs, facebook etc. This can result in an immediate and irrevocable deletion of the poster's account and banning from the forum.  Please do not invite members to visit personal websites/blogs, twitter, facebook etc. or to join you on other sites.
Links in signatures and Personal Text field
In general links are not permitted in signatures or in member's Personal Text field.  However, members may have a link in their signature if specifically approved by the administrators.
  However, I must add that permission is usually only given to long-time forum members .
The link to your blog in your profile, is ok and working  :)

OurAllotment

• Our Allotment Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 15:54 »
Thanks and sorry, I saw someone else's signature and thought it was okay to be subtle, as it was not too actually post "come look at my blog" as a post.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 18:33 »
Don’t worry me dear.  You have a link via your globe under your name.  Anyone can click on that  :D

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 21:32 »
Welcome to the site and yes, allotmenteering is very much a proper word  :D

Congrats on all you've achieved on the new plot too  :)

If you pop your general location into your forum profile, it'll help us to remember whereabouts you are - often relevant when chatting about growing stuff
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 21:33 by Yorkie »
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 19:49 »
Leicestershire then?

Me old man was from Nottingham, grandad and granny always said Mi duck too, reckon East midlands somewhere  :D

Welcome t' forums lass (or lad) or both  :lol:.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

AndyRVTR

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2021, 10:04 »
Hi, welcome to the forum, when you first said 'me and our lass' I was gonna say north east as thats a saying we use up here... the only guy I knew that said 'me duck' was from Derby way..
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 08:44 by AndyRVTR »

OurAllotment

• Our Allotment Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 22:03 »
Hi, been a funny old time, as Arkwright would have said,

Me and Our lass has been busy with preparing for the season ahead.

In answers to the Questions.

Place of Birth is Nottingham, place of current abode with our lass is the North East. I am trying and failing miserably at converting the area to the use of cob, for what they wish to be called bread buns. But I never give up.

Accent depends on wind direction, some days right Yorkshire, other days a bit cockney (I blame too much 80s TV) some days the ducks get loose.

Hope this helps and thank you for the welcomes.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2021, 20:38 »

I am trying and failing miserably at converting the area to the use of cob, for what they wish to be called bread buns. But I never give up.

Its a BARMCAKE  ::)

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 55 queries.