raw courgettes eew?

• 20 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: raw courgettes eew?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 16:23 »
If you look at some of the suggested portion sizes for 5 a day veg ::) I sure don't know how you would manage to eat ten  :unsure:

chris23005

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 21:39 »
I looked up what a portion size is. Apparently it is around the size of your closed fist. So - an apple is 1 portion, 2 or 3 plums make up 1 portion and a small bunch of grapes is 1 portion.

Basically I am having four portions of fruit for breakfast - e.g. 1 apple, 2 plums a banana and some grapes. Don't need anything else but may occasionally stretch to a slice of toast and a hot drink. I put all the fruit chopped up in a bowl and sometimes add a dollop of plain yoghurt.

Lunchtime - lots of veggie sticks, e.g. carrots, courgettes, peppers with a very small pot of humous or a piece of chicken. Again - didn't need any bread.

Dinner - tonight was haddock, baked potato (doesn't count as a veg!!!), baby sweetcorn, carrots and lots of french beans.

So that is ................. hang on while I count ............... yep - 10 portions of fruit and veg - no trouble! And no - I am not hungry either! Also Doc did say not to cut anything else out, but once you eat all that veg, you don't need anything else!

Poolfield2

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 23:12 »
My OH won't eat cabbage so I substitute grated courgette in coleslaw.

rhythmvick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 14:34 »
I slice it with a veg peeler and toss it with baby broad beans, peas, mint and a lemon vinaigrette. Sometimes put feta in as well or griddled halloumi, looks so lovely and fresh. And it tastes incredible too!  :D
Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls:  all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves.  ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers

hamstergbert

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 16:32 »
thin slices of courgette, sliced toms when ready, spring onions and peeler-sliced radish, cubed feta, sweet peppers when ready, dowse in Italian dressing (Morrisons own brand - hey I never said it had to be hard work) and serve with homebaked bread and fresh salad leaves. 

Now that is a taste of summer for me.  Roll on....
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 16:47 »
i've got quite a few ways to serve it:

use it sliced into ribbons with the potato peeler as a decorative garnish on salads; grate it with the big holes on your cheese grater andthrow it in your salad; chop it into batons and use it for dips; chop those batons into cubes for your salad.

they're very nice raw.

xx
New use for courgettes

Started by Goosegirl on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post October 01, 2013, 18:01
by compostqueen
xx
Too many courgettes?

Started by HilaryG on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

24 Replies
Last post July 31, 2009, 13:06
by Beetroot queen
xx
here come the courgettes! Add your recipes.

Started by yorkiegal on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

117 Replies
Last post June 21, 2020, 17:02
by snowdrops
xx
I hate courgettes...

Started by chrisjsmith on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

25 Replies
Last post April 30, 2010, 22:45
by Elaine G

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 39 queries.