Trinidad Scorpion anyone?

• 32 Replies

rosiecider

• Experienced Member
  • rosiecider
Re: Trinidad Scorpion anyone?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 09:29 »
If they have that effect externally what the heck do they do to your internal organs ... pass :ohmy:

Apparently, not much harm, Rosie, and they maybe even beneficial to the system!

It depends on your point of view, which, in my case may be somewhat blurred from the prolific eye-watering which sometimes accompanies Mrs Growster's specialities with chilli..;0)

And she never bats an eyelid! - well she couldn't if it's wreathed in tears the size of a small Norwegian lake..;0)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sticking to the mild type
:D I garden therefore I am

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 16:51 »
The 'gift' item is still tightly wrapped in clingfilm in our fridge. I shall definitely not be either eating any of it or attempting to save seed to grow any  ::)

I value my insides (and my outsides come to that) far too much  :ohmy: :wacko:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

compostqueen

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 17:51 »
That looks like a sweet pepper as it's rather large for a chilli. That's how I ended up burning to death! I mistook a Mowhawk pepper for an Orange Habanero. What a mistake to make  :nowink:  Easy done though.

Growster...

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 05:39 »
The 'gift' item is still tightly wrapped in clingfilm in our fridge. I shall definitely not be either eating any of it or attempting to save seed to grow any  ::)

I value my insides (and my outsides come to that) far too much  :ohmy: :wacko:

But Sunny, it can easily escape though clingfilm, just as easy as a month old Camembert, which can invade the whole village...;0)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 08:18 »
A month old camembert would have morphed into a new life form I wouldn't want to tackle   :ohmy:  :lol: 

I'd be tempted to try steeping the whole chilli in oil.  I did this with a Scotch Bonnet when I grew them a couple of years ago and the oil was hot, but you got the full fruity flavour of the chilli as well. 

I aways have homemade chilli oil in the house as I like it over eggs and rice, amongst other things  :D  You heat the oil, pour over the chilli and then cover and leave for a week or 3.  If it is whole fresh chillies, I usually remove them at this point and if it is dried chillies or flakes,  I let the oil drip through a paper towel lined sieve to clean it up  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 08:43 »
But Sunny, it can easily escape though clingfilm, just as easy as a month old Camembert, which can invade the whole village...;0)
That made me think of the old film The Blob..........

TdUsyXQ8Wrs

Growster...

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 19:00 »
Mrs Growster does a good chilli olive oil mix, by just chucking a couple of dozen Apache in an ordinary cheapo bottle of oil, and forgetting it for several months...

Then I complain, especially if words fail me, which is a contradiction in terms, but you know what I mean..;0)

Baldy

• Hey Ho Lets Grow!
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2014, 19:46 »
which, in my case may be somewhat blurred from the prolific eye-watering which sometimes accompanies Mrs Growster's specialities with chilli..;0)

Just to clarify Growster old chap, is the above quote appropriate for this forum or have I laden an innocent comment with unintended innuendo?

(If not, then 'I say, rather')

Cheers,
Balders

Lardman

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2014, 19:55 »
I shall definitely not be either eating any of it or attempting to save seed to grow any  ::)

It's a seasoning Sunny, Personally I'd dry and powder it and then create a blend with lower heat peppers. Something like 1 part scorpion, 2 parts habanero/scotch bonnet, 5 parts around the lemon drop/cayenne level and then bulk it out with jalapeno powder.  Then just use ½ a teaspoon in a meal.

Should give you a nice long fruity burn without the sharpness or overpowering heat.

Growster...

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 07:01 »
which, in my case may be somewhat blurred from the prolific eye-watering which sometimes accompanies Mrs Growster's specialities with chilli..;0)

Just to clarify Growster old chap, is the above quote appropriate for this forum or have I laden an innocent comment with unintended innuendo?

Cheers,
Balders

Ha ha ha, Balders!

What with the PC rants and the 'hot stuff' references, I reckon we'll all be in for the chop from Aunty very soon...;0)

And I'm sure she'll work out what sort of 'chop' too...:o(

Wasn't 'Innuendo' a great album by 'Queen'?

8doubles

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 09:22 »

Cheers,
Balders

Ha ha ha, Balders!

What with the PC rants and the 'hot stuff' references, I reckon we'll all be in for the chop from Aunty very soon...;0)

And I'm sure she'll work out what sort of 'chop' too...:o(

Wasn't 'Innuendo' a great album by 'Queen'?

While on a music tack this thread made me think of a Roxy Music track

Both ends burning !
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:24 by 8doubles »

Growster...

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 17:46 »
That was surely by 'Earth, Wind and Fire', 8Doubles..;0)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 18:50 »
Now now, Boys  :lol: :lol:

Thank you for the ideas:

Flavoured oil sounds an excellent idea, and I shall ask Mr Sunny to see to this, as then any skin contamination will be his to deal with  :nowink:

The mixed powdered chilli might still be a bit hot for our taste, Lardman, but as we only have the one Scorpion it should make some oil alright  :D

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 20:09 by sunshineband »

Growster...

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 07:01 »
We have noticed though, that there are lots more varieties of peppers being sold in the spices section of most supermarkets!

We like the Lime pepper, but they're all pretty good!

I'm trying to find a Chipotle one, as that is highly recommended by a chum, who thinks he's a good cook..;0)

rowan57

• Experienced Member
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2014, 07:25 »
We have noticed though, that there are lots more varieties of peppers being sold in the spices section of most supermarkets!

We like the Lime pepper, but they're all pretty good!

I'm trying to find a Chipotle one, as that is highly recommended by a chum, who thinks he's a good cook..;0)

Hiya Growster,

Chipotle are Smoked&Dried Jalapeños. You can get them in Waitrose, takes a bit of finding but normally there. Rehydrated before us by heating in a fry pan then soaking in water.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 39 queries.