Can someone check this for me please...

• 4 Replies

Lardman

Can someone check this for me please...
« on: October 24, 2018, 17:06 »
"The Data Protection Act 2018, Schedule 3, Part 3, (11) "

Unless things have change in notation this reference looks way of what it's supposed to be, that or Im being stupid; either could be possible but one is more likely  ::)

Could someone provide me with a second pair of eyes again.

madcat

Re: Can someone check this for me please...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 17:46 »
The Data Protection Act 2018, Schedule 3, Part 3, (11)

The Act has a number of schedules attached.  Schedule 3 is divided into a number of parts and Part 3 in turn into a number of clauses .... so this clause reads, where the [] are mine " Article 15(1) to (3) of the GDPR [General Data Protection Regulation] (confirmation of processing, access to data and safeguards for third country transfers) do not apply to social work data to the extent that the serious harm test is met with respect to the data." 

So they can process the social work data out of the UK assuming that they have passed the serious harm test. 

Is this what you expected it to reference?
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Lardman

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 17:50 »
So they can process the social work data out of the UK assuming that they have passed the serious harm test. 

Is this what you expected it to reference?

That's what I made it, but that sure isn't what they intended the reference to be...   and it took them 6 weeks to come up with that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 17:51 by Lardman »

madcat

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 09:34 »
Folk really don't get data protection.   Not that it is hard - but they go all glassy eyed and brain-off ... there is a whole industry making it difficult (and expensive) I suppose, and the press doesn't help.  Bah.  So they come up with the daftest things.  I suspect someone was searching "serious harm" and ended up in completely the wrong cul de sac.

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 17:56 »
Knowing the source of this I expect someone is trying to appear more knowledgeable than they are and making a real ham fist of it  ::)

I used to try a keep up with the DPA stuff as its was paralleled with work but I very quickly tired of banging my head on a wall. Nobody pays any attention to it unless they're trying to hide things they shouldn't be doing, it's then liberally sprinkled incorrectly over everything.   

Don't tell anyone but all the GDPR stuff was mainly the Y2K mob needing to top up their pension pots  ;)

xx
Please can you double check this !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2019, 16:36
by DanielCoffey

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 43 queries.