Site rubbish problem

• 27 Replies

finleyfreyaseth

• Experienced Member
Re: Site rubbish problem
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 13:57 »
I'm afraid he's not committed an offence that the police can deal with, if that's what you're thinking.

The offence of indecent exposure involves more than he's done and urinating in a public place is just that. Allotments are not public.
my house is backed onto so you telling me when im gardening I can just lob it out and have a pee without worrying ? sorry but that's rubbish, if you phone the police up and I would be doing they'll be down there in a shot,if hed done it in front of my kids hed be sitting down to pee, this bloke sounds like someone who thinks he can do what he wants and has been doing for so long bout time he was put in his place. Id contact your allotment secretary and council allotment officer informing them what he does and the latest incident and tell them your informing the police.sorry rant over ::)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 14:33 by mumofstig »

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 14:16 »
I know it can be a difficult position, you need both a strong council and a strong committee.

We had similar problems with general rubbish but now Blackpool is self managed and our site has a strong committee, rubbish is no longer an issue.

If a plot holder become too messy with rubbish a photo is taken and they are written to, if after two weeks nothing has been done another photo is taken and reported to the federation who issue a termination notice.

No pun intended but there is no messing  :D around now and its suprising how the messy ones have cleared there plots.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 14:20 by Aidy »
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 15:23 »
To finleyfreyaseth.

I was in the police for nearly 30 years, so what I have posted is not without foundation.

Police powers are very limited in non public places.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 15:34 »
Vagrancy act extract re indecent exposure:

every person wilfully openly, lewdly, and obscenely exposing his person in any street, road, or public highway, or in the view thereof, or in any place of public resort, with intent to insult any female

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 16:01 »
You have to prove this bit: "with intent to insult any female".

finleyfreyaseth

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 16:08 »
To finleyfreyaseth.

I was in the police for nearly 30 years, so what I have posted is not without foundation.

so you saying I can wander into my garden starkers and theres nothing the police can do? im pretty sure if my neighbours rung the police thered be a knock at my door,as if the poster informed the police that the said person exposed himself by urinating openly onto the ground in view of a minor theyd have something to say as im sure the council and committee would then have reason to evict him.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 16:25 »
We have reported him to the council so watch this space. If i see him do it again believe me he will get told whats what.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 16:41 »
so you saying I can wander into my garden starkers and theres nothing the police can do? im pretty sure if my neighbours rung the police thered be a knock at my door,as if the poster informed the police that the said person exposed himself by urinating openly onto the ground in view of a minor theyd have something to say as im sure the council and committee would then have reason to evict him.

Yes you can garden naked - there's no lewdness in gardening  ;)  so the police would/could do nothing.
If the neighbours didn't like it they'd have to put a higher fence up!Their choice.
I'm sure that most people who are naked in their gardens choose to be discreet though :D

The Council are the people who need to sort this out, as they should think that it is objectionable behaviour on their land. Most behaviour like this is covered by the clause in our agreement The Tenant shall not cause any nuisance or annoyance to the occupiers of any other allotments
This could be used to terminate an agreement.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 16:50 »
MOS is correct we also have that clause in our contract. I just didnt find it comfortable even at my age but i know my 12 year old was very embarrassed as she has commented several times today.

finleyfreyaseth

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 19:56 »
To finleyfreyaseth.

surely an allotment is a public place?

Sparkyrog

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 20:03 »
Unfortunately not I believe it is classed as private ,as the public have no right of access !
I cook therefore I grow

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 20:06 »
Allotment sites are not usually for the general public, they are for tenants only, mostly behind fences and locked gates. That's why enforcing the tenancy agreement is the way forward.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 20:14 »
Ours is gated and locked but with nearly 90 plots i think its 90 people still have to have some rules to follow. We have a high number of women and a high number of children on site at all times. Mind you hubby said he doesnt want to see it either  :)

xx
Rubbish compost or composted rubbish.

Started by squelly on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 08, 2011, 20:19
by Growster...
xx
Rubbish Advice

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

37 Replies
Last post July 15, 2010, 21:38
by DD.
xx
a rubbish gardener

Started by Jimmy Splash on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 19:45
by Beetroot queen
xx
Rubbish Soil

Started by simonyglog on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post April 18, 2010, 09:39
by Kristen

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 40 queries.