R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts

• 46 Replies

naturesparadise

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« on: May 14, 2008, 18:46 »
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

its very very nice set up is easy its running now duck eggs go in tomorrow

and in 28 days so it says ( i thought it was 30 days for ducks) we should have ducklings

i will be saving for one of them its so easy to use and it holds 20 chicken eggs 10 goose

fast delivery too i ordered it Monday and got it today

just wish it was mine  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Jellyhead

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 18:54 »
Good Luck NP :wink:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

naturesparadise

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 18:56 »
thanks ill post some pics soon im deffo going to save up for one  i could hatch some birds and sell them  :idea:  :idea:

poultrygeist

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 19:24 »
Must be like havign a rolls royce compared to your own one. I hope it works as well as yours.

Rob

naturesparadise

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 20:51 »
Quote from: "poultrygeist"
Must be like havign a rolls royce compared to your own one. I hope it works as well as yours.

Rob

if we are going to compare mine and this one

well its like the bloke next door haven the space shuttle and i have a bike  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

poultrygeist

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 20:56 »
Nowt wrong with a bike if the wheels go round !

But space shuttles are probably better  :D

Rob

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 10:16 »
Have you got the one with the humidity control instead of the silly sponge?  I have the ordinary RCom 20 and everything fertile that has gone in has hatched no problems at all.  The only thing I would suggest is keep an eye on the turning device mine packed up after a week and although it sings its little song doesn't turn the eggs.  I meant to send it back in March but its never been empty long enough to return it for repair.  :lol:  :lol:
40 hens, 8 cockerels, 3 dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 chinchillas, 2 teenage daughters and O/H

naturesparadise

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 13:28 »
no its got the sponges thanks for the heads up on the turner ill keep an eye on it

iv just put the duck eggs in today

im going to save for the USB model

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 10:50 »
I put x and o on opposite sides of my eggs because I just couldn't tell if they moved or not.  Unfortunately for me they didn't so I have been manually turning mine and still getting an excellent hatch rate so as far as I am concerned it definitely is a good incubator.

Also been told the sponge lasts about 3 incubations mines disintergrated so am now running mine without a sponge and its still holding humidity well.  I may have to move them over to a hatcher at the weekend though as I doubt the humidity will rise sufficiently for the chicks to hatch.

Only downfall I can see is the price of the new sponges.  If your buying a new RCom I would try and get one without sponges.  I think they are a little dearer but would save in the long run.

olde9856

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 13:52 »
The sponge is there to be used only if you cant keep a high humidity ie over 40.
Without it its very hard to get humidity up past mid 30's problem with mine is if you want the humidity high it varies hour by hour by up to 6 points.
Dont try to get any help from R com website they are not interested at all.
I get better results with my old manual turn Brinsea Octagon.
In my opinion not worth the money.

naturesparadise

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 14:18 »
well this one is holding 59% humid all the time

as for a sponge its made from a natural sponge so you could buy one of them and cut it to size  :idea:

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 15:24 »
Mine is 40 + humidity so perfectly acceptable whilst incubating but I doubt it will go high enough for hatching hence the reason I will be moving the eggs to a separate hatcher.  I know of someone that cuts up asda sponges in an emergency but I havent tried it so can't comment.

I guess we all pick what is best for us and apart from the niggly problems I have had I can't knock it. As far as simplicity goes its a breeze to control (well it has to be I'm using it  :lol: ).

Kate and her Ducks

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 13:23 »
Hi,
I got a R-COM 20 pro just over a month ago and on the first run I had lots of problems with humidity control with it going for too high. Once the run had finished I took it apart and found that part of the water valve waas missing so that the water just ran through from the reservoir and flooded the bottom of the incubator. Only 3 of the 5 fertile (duck) eggs that went in hatched but the 2 that didn't never seemed to internally pip so I don't know if the humidity problems had anything to do with this. The Incubator shop that supplied it were excellent and sent me the spare part immediaely and I have a new brood in and the temp and humidity control have been perfect. Othrewise using it has been really easy.
Good luck with yours. Can't believe how much joy I get from my ducks.

Kate
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

naturesparadise

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 14:50 »
thats why i check the incubator before i put eggs in to make sure all the parts was there

so far i cant fault it its run perfect the hole time

by the way its not mine its the landlords  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Kate and her Ducks

R-COM 20 PRO my thoughts
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 15:03 »
Yes I know, I ran it for a little while but not long enough for the water to run through and flood the base. Was obviously too impatient and didn't run it for the 24 hours as recommended. Ah well, you live and learn but patience isn't my greatest strength. The garden and ducks have taught me a lot though - you really can't rush nature. At least I have grown out of my childhood habit of digging up my seeds to see how they are getting on ;-)

xx
your thoughts please

Started by nickiit2003 on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post December 01, 2011, 21:03
by hillfooter
xx
Second Thoughts

Started by Ma Lowe on The Hen House

30 Replies
Last post September 08, 2009, 03:42
by dizzylizzie
xx
A new arrival...I'd appreciate thoughts please...

Started by alaj on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 05, 2012, 11:06
by ANHBUC
xx
hen or cock?? What are your thoughts!

Started by frenchliving on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 29, 2012, 10:03
by frenchliving

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 32 queries.