Tesco Clubcard Plus...

• 17 Replies

Growster...

Re: Tesco Clubcard Plus...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2023, 07:50 »
Yes Mum, Tesco's prices do seem to be racheting up, and will never come down of course, although they make a big thing of equalling Aldi's prices! And yes, Jay, Asda's prices are pretty good but there again, the nearest is in Tunbridge Wells, near Aldi, so the drive costs outweigh staying and shopping here in the village!

How's about this bit of tight-fistery then... the other day, I slow cooked overnight, a couple of kilos, (about five pounds in proper British weight), of chicken thighs which cost about £7.00, and little/big dog has about fourteen meals from that!

The stock which came from all that has made us four days of fabulously rich chicken soup, which we alter each day with lentils or orzo pasta, (not every day of course), so we're in fact feeding ourselves on the dog's leftovers for just a few pence (real British money that is)! Carrots still cost peanuts and we gave up growing onions, because we only need one at a time, so who's the winner?

It's very easy to get a bit smug and fat-faced about all this, and we don't crow much, but blimey, the cost of lockdown 'crisis' isn't what the BBC or the rabid rags always seem to screech about!

jaydig

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2023, 09:52 »
I do my Asda shopping online and it's very easy.  There's a ready to use list of your favourites/regular items that can simply be clicked to add to the shop, and then I can go "off piste" to order anything else I want. If my total shop is more than my budget I simply go through and delete the stuff that I can really manage without until next week.  The delivery drivers are all very good and arrive promptly within the allotted time slot.  It just makes my life easier.

Growster...

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2023, 12:14 »
I guess we should do online shopping more often, Jay, but I really do like getting out to either Waitrose when I feel flush, or Tesco when I don't, and chat with whoever's around these places!

There's a Co-op in Cranbrook, which is a few miles away, but they're pretty expensive, so we try and avoid them, even with our fave butcher just down the road!

When we moved to the village in 1977, there were three grocers, (one which sold literally everything), a butcher, a DIY, a dairy, a TV shop(!), and the best ironmongers in the district; and that was just down at our end! There were far more shops up the top, and the banks were all over the place with chemists and cafes etc., making it all a joyous morning out!

All the shops at our end have gone and while we're blessed with the two small supermarkets up top, there's no real competition, so any savings have to be made by my nerdly spreadsheets...;0~

xx
Tesco Clubcard

Started by grinling on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post June 10, 2020, 20:31
by Plot 6B
xx
Tesco Clubcard

Started by grinling on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post October 03, 2020, 17:49
by grinling
xx
Tesco charging twice

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post February 18, 2021, 12:09
by mrs bouquet
xx
Tesco Card Scheme

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post November 13, 2019, 20:44
by DD.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 41 queries.