Levingtons Tomorite giant growbag

• 4 Replies

jezza

Levingtons Tomorite giant growbag
« on: June 08, 2021, 17:03 »
Hello I have just bought 2 Levingtons tomorite growbags,I asked the assistant if they had oeat in them,usual response shrug of the shoulders dont know it's got compost in it  does any one know what is in these bags I dont grow anything in recycled household garden waste,if its green waste they're off back for a refund and I'll use my own reliable soil  peat manure mix,the compost companies are breaking the law by not stating what's in the bags      jezza

jezza

Re: Levingtons Tomorite giant growbag
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 18:23 »
Hello I've just found their sustainability statement declares that it's made from household waste and compost forest products the forest products I dont mind but household recycled compost is a big no no,cant be safe when it tells you to handle the product with gloves out side and dont breathe the dust in, it's off back tomorrow for a refund and I'll get a bag of peat for my own mix   jezza

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 19:55 »
The day the sale of peat compost is banned can't come soon enough.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 21:04 »
They need to source something reliable to replace the peat in the mix, 'cos recycled green waste just isn't working, as it has often been made with lawn cuttings which have been treated with weed-killer  :mad:

I suppose coir may be the way to go, but it's a beggar to rewet, once it has dried out.  :(

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 07:15 »
that's very useful  info Jezza because we bought several bags Tomorite giant grow bags and i never gave it a thought to check what was in it because we still buying peat based composts till i can fine a suitable peat free that's any good  that's not containing  recycled tosh hopefully they mite come up with something that contains something better than household waste  or properly recycled garden waste that's only fit for the landfill as you've  probably gathered I'm not a peat free person :lol:

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 39 queries.