Hair cut

• 23 Replies

GraciesGran

Hair cut
« on: June 10, 2020, 07:09 »
Email received from hairdresser, 18th July is hopefully haircut day.  What relief.

Christine

Re: Hair cut
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 10:24 »
I'm just waiting till we hear what exactly will be allowed to open when. And what the queues will be like. Fine if you have someone who is willing to do a house visit.

I've just looked at this sheep in the mirror.  :lol:

DanielCoffey

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 11:33 »
Scotland is behind England on allowing hairdressers to reopen plus the two of us are on the shielding list anyway so can't have a cut yet even if we were desperate!

There will have to be a new post titled "Show us your... Ponytails"! Or maybe the Mullet will be back in fashion?

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 12:29 »
My hair looks like a mass of grey barbed wire has been attached to my head.  I am so excited about the thought of getting it cut.

MrsPea

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 12:34 »
My appointment is 9th July, husband likes it a bit longer we'll see  :D
I Love my green house

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 18:50 »
 I'm thinking about getting some ribbon or have a bun or i could pretend I'm fiddle player i was considering going up the farm when they where sheep sheering to se if they could give me a short back and sides  :D

the wife offered to give me a hair cut no thank you  :D :D

MrsPea

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 18:54 »
I'm thinking about getting some ribbon or have a bun or i could pretend I'm fiddle player i was considering going up the farm when they where sheep sheering to se if they could give me a short back and sides  :D

the wife offered to give me a hair cut no thank you  :D :D chicken i do my husbands, never done it before i didn't do a bad job although i say it myself  :D

wighty

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 20:51 »
I did my husband's and mentioned I'd done it to a hairdresser, she looked and said 'not perfect but better than I have seen'.  Having spoken to a couple of hairdressers that come in the shop about this subject, they are dreading what they are going to have to          'correct' when things are back to normal. I know I've cut my fringe too short, but I'm happy, it's out eyes.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 21:10 »
OH has had a cut twice, but all he had was one of those razors that leave stubble, so I did my best with that.  It is all the same length and that is the best you can say for it  :lol:

Mine was well overdue for a cut when we went into lock down.  It is fairly long and pretty much one length, so I only get it done every 3 months or so.  With all the panic buying I was working daft hours and just didn't get into the hairdressers in time.  It is easy enough to tie back, but it is really long now ::)

chrissie B

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 15:52 »
Hubby does mine at the moment it's short so doesn't need much.
Chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

wighty

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 20:05 »
It's not quite long enough to put in a pony tail, but I want it off the back of my neck as it keeps curling in inside the collar of whatever I'm wearing.  I've heard there is going to be no dry cuts, has to be a wash, cut and blow dry. 

jezza

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 21:15 »
Hello my mothers managed to get a hairdresser to visit on 18th  July  hairdresser  only allowed to do six visits a day  I did offer to do it with a fine cut hedge cutter from lug hole to lug hole the language was not sweet that day  I made a quick retreat  jezza

snowdrops

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 21:25 »
I’ve had mine done  :tongue2: my daughter in law is a hairdresser & as they’ve been living with us for the last 7 months I finally took the plunge & had my long hair cut short after over 30 years  :ohmy: :lol:. I normally have a hairdresser visit at home but hadn’t booked her to visit before the family moved in or after.
Very pleased with it & now do I continue with dil as my hair dresser or go by took my original. DIL has got a salon at the new house so that could be what swings it 😆
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

GraciesGran

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 05:59 »
Just heard from hairdresser.  One of her clients has tested positive for covid  so she is having to self isolate.  Earliest date for haircut now 8th August. 

Husband still offering to use his clippers but have turned down the offer.

snowdrops

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 12:02 »
 :ohmy:  you’ll be able to sit on it by then  :)

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 49 queries.