I'll tell you something...

• 14 Replies

Growster...

I'll tell you something...
« on: March 28, 2020, 20:57 »
This Allotment and Gardening site is proving to be one of the strongest, most helpful, and positive places to go online that I could ever have dreamed of!

We're all friends here, some with gardening experience, some without, but it's always the case that a common interest in what we all love - getting stuff growing - can be defined so easily with a click on any post here, and you'll get a friendly response, a lot of advice, and above all, a sense of 'belongingness' which no other site offers with such friendship!

Thanks John! I bet you never realised how well this would all work with the current situation, but here we all are, chatting - at two yards eight inches.(!), and feeling so much better!

This is the first 'click' to come to for chums and don't we all need them now!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: I'll tell you something...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 20:59 »
Ain't that the truth!  :)

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 02:02 »
I'll agree with you Growster!
I moderate several other forums and websites and this is the only one that never needs censoring or bans for people behaving in inappropriate ways. It's a proper decent place for proper decent people to hang out.

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 07:28 »
You feel safe here.  No one is nasty or spiteful, it's a haven to pick people's brains for help and knowledge, if you need comfort and something to make you smile it's here waiting for you.  Love it.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 12:39 »
I love it.  Some of you folk have been such dear friends to me.   After being here for so many years, and getting to know you, you are like my family.     My real family aren't so friendly in fact !!!!
The help and advice I have been given on so many occasions has been amazing.   We can have a rant,share a joke, sing a song.  I really don't know what I would do without you all.    Many thanks and my love to you,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 14:49 »
This topic has made me feel so happy  :D

The moderators  work very hard in the background to ensure this lovely forum is the best gardening forum around. It’s great to know we’ve got it right. We all take our lead from John.

rowlandwells

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 15:18 »
yes everything that's been said is very true I've always said if Gardeners world was to take a leaf out of those who run this site it would be 100% better to watch

because we have a wide spectrum of well knowledgeable gardeners always willing to give good sound advise 24/7 :D eat your heart out Monty we don't need you when we have all these professional gardeners and john  :D good topic good topic my love you all keep well and safe RW

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 16:08 »
The moderators  work very hard in the background

I have to say it doesn't feel like work most of the time.  Our members are generally lovely, friendly and happy sorting out any gardening problems between them.  That or laughing and putting the world to rights in the chatty bits.  I tell OH I am doing my forum work ... in reality ... feet up, cup of coffee and a good relax  :D

wighty

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 19:51 »
I don't have an allotment, this place has always been my 'escape' from the stresses of work.  Been here about 12 years now and log in every day, read more than I post, I haven't got chickens but always keep up with those of you that have.  The members I have met in 'real life' have all been lovely and our conversations were never stilted as we were 'strangers' but just carried on our conversations as if we were on here.  Stay safe every one, love to you all from the Isle of Wight.

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 21:01 »
Growsters here at 'The Turrets' have recently been humbled by such friendly goodwill, and seeing chums here agreeing, makes a whole bad situation so much better!

We're lucky here in our village, and unknown friends have just popped up to help...

This is the way Brits work, and all the values we learned all those years ago at school are coming true!

Sermon over - time for a real tincture!

(I could say 'Bless you all', but I'm not a Vicar, or a Priest - just a grey-haired Growster...)!

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 13:08 »
Please will you stop me crying all over my keyboard!

All of us have a lot of respect for all the many people who post on here, and the hard work that John and all the Mods do is so much appreciated by all who use this forum to keep it safe from any nasty comments. 

Methinks the Bulldog spirit we had during the war has come back in so many ways. There are no age limits for anyone who wants to help, and even the smallest things can make a lot of difference to some people's lives. I applaud everyone whose taken that extra mile to give some sustenance in whatever form or way they could.

I've attached a pic of my new great-niece with her older brother because I thought it might help to cheer you up!
Johnathan and Annie Grace. (600 x 535).jpg
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 15:22 »
Gorgeous post Goosey!

Children always hug smaller children in their own special way, and that picture just sums it all up!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 15:27 »
Thanks Gg,   absolutely delightful.   You must be thrilled.    Mrs Bouquet

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 16:00 »
Here Here.

This is and always has been a great forum and its the people that make it that way.
I was just looking the other day and this forum is by far the longest I have stayed on one so credit to John and the team and to all the membership.
Stay safe everyone
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

jaydig

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 18:29 »
GG - It's lovely to have some good news for a change - how proud you must be!  I couldn't help but notice the look on that young man's face - the love for his new baby sister absolutely shines from him.

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 54 queries.