Propane heaters??

• 5 Replies

infowarrior

• Experienced Member
Propane heaters??
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:24 »
Just bought a paraffin heater but after doing research found out that they produce loads of moisture.  Was thinking of getting a wood burning stove but they seem to cost way too much. I've decided to get a gas heater as I've got no electric at plot.  Just wondered if anyone can point me in the direction of any good websites that sell them quite cheap??  Does it cost much to get the gas bottles filled up etc??  How many hrs do you get roughly out of 1 gas bottle???

Cheers.

WG.

Propane heaters??
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 07:30 »
Gas heaters also produce a lot of moisture.  Recent posts about this so please see http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/viewtopic.php?p=86593#86593 Use paraf* for keyword & myself as author.

muntjac

Propane heaters??
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 11:53 »
check freecycle for heaters .bottles about £14  and they also produce moisture and fumes as do parafiin .to take a temperature up by a small amount cover the inside of the house with 2 layers of bubble wrap ( greenhouse  stuff )  split the greenhouse in 2 with 2 drop down sheets of plastic overlapping each other  then get asking for loads of candles on freecycle /melt them in another pan and using a second metal pan place a piece of hemp rope in the base and pour the wax in holding the wick up with a skewer through it balanced on the sides of the pan....  allow to cool for a day .release from pan and put on a cut down bean tin base ....... light over night to reduce the chill factor .this will raise the temp and allow things to grow as it does in mine .but now i use a electric heater  cos my plots out back of my  garden  :wink:
still alive /............

infowarrior

• Experienced Member
Propane heaters??
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 21:35 »
What about wood burning stoves??  Will thet still produce the moisture??

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Propane heaters??
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 21:42 »
anything burning produces moisture. In fact, hydrocarbon fuels if combusted completely will produce nothing but moisture and CO2. If it vents into the space your using it in will make it moist. Wood burning will produce less moisture, but more actual smoke and soot, as wood burnign is never complete, gas and parafin (if properly set-up) will combust completely.

The way to avoid moisture building up is to have an outside flue. This will also reduce the risk of carbon monoxide building up.

Is this for use in the greenhouse? if so i wouldnt worry about the moisture
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

WG.

Propane heaters??
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 21:49 »
Quote from: "infowarrior"
What about wood burning stoves??  Will thet still produce the moisture??
Yes but it is all vented outside through the flue.

xx
Propane Greenhouse Heaters

Started by muckshifter on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post January 18, 2011, 21:15
by muckshifter
xx
Greenhouse heaters

Started by digby on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 08:10
by Pimento
xx
Paraffin Heaters

Started by buntyboos on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2009, 10:13
by Kristen
xx
Paraffin heaters

Started by scabs on Equipment Shed

13 Replies
Last post November 26, 2009, 21:51
by sam on lewis

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 36 queries.