Yeast nutrient

• 1 Replies

fallen angel

• Experienced Member
Yeast nutrient
« on: July 30, 2008, 12:56 »
Hi i bought some yeast nutrient on the dreaded ebay and because they had run out of the one i ordered (youngs) they sent me a different one tronozymol but it says yeast nutrient and energiser salts is this the same thing as i did not see the energiser salts bit on the youngs packet?

Also i bought a packet of wine yeast for my ribena wine but the pack says enough for 5 gallons (its a 5g pack) i only want to do one demi john of ribena wine to start with so do i use it all or do i measure out 1g? As the recipe on here just says one packet of wine making yeast? Or have i bought the wrong thing?

Sorry for all the stupid questions i just dont want to get it wrong!

Many thanks Nicky

SpudtheBinx

• Experienced Member
    • dave and becca blog
Yeast nutrient
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 14:16 »
Hi, energiser works in tandem with nutrient. A member on a forum I use described the nutrient as food, and energiser as vitamin tablets. You have got lucky if you got tronozymol instead of plain nutrient :) As for wine yeast, the general rule is a sachet that does 5 gallons *can* be split in half and be used for 2 seperate gallons but it's not really neccessary. It's all to do with having enough of a culture to start with as the first vigourous ferment is the yeast multiplying rather than producing alcohol. As long as you get enough in at the start it will multiply untill the dissolved oxygen is used before it sets into the slower alcoholic ferment.

xx
Yeast nutrient

Started by LivvyW on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post June 27, 2010, 20:30
by SG6
xx
Yeast Nutrient

Started by norfolkgrog on Homebrew

8 Replies
Last post March 05, 2009, 20:34
by Jay Dubya
xx
yeast nutrient??????

Started by SUTTY1 on Homebrew

4 Replies
Last post June 19, 2010, 23:18
by SUTTY1
xx
can I substitute nutrient for something else

Started by freyaluck on Homebrew

4 Replies
Last post April 02, 2007, 14:08
by slow_worm

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 35 queries.