Peace and quiet at Easter

• 4 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Peace and quiet at Easter
« on: April 19, 2019, 14:23 »
Not a cat in Hell's chance. There are only five households where we live. One has a petrol strimmer going, next to him is a ride-on lawnmower with a defective exhaust and on the other side is a petrol hedge-cutter (following which he'll get his petrol leaf-blower out to blow all the debris into a heap - whatever happened to good old-fashioned brushes?)

mrs bouquet

Re: Peace and quiet at Easter
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 15:06 »
Listening to a push mower being used was a lovely sound  :D .    Maybe if neighbours do their tasks today, you will the remainder of Easter in peace.   Enjoy it.   regards,   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 20:45 »
 We actually have a push mower. I love the noise its so relaxing. We mow twice a week  so we don't need to use the grass box.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 12:22 »
Sorry Alain, the only things disturbing me today are the sounds of our two old hens rosey (do they sense there will be a rooster and five new hens coming later on today?), our sitting lady goose suddenly sounding like she's just laid a rather big egg, the various bird songs where I so wish I had Bill Oddie to tell me what they are, a few distant noises from farm tractors and trying to pot-on plants in a rather warm g-house! Ooooh, forgot to mention the important fact that my OH is away today getting the said cockerel and hens which is a nice bonus. God love him!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 12:47 »
Yes, it seems to have quietened down here too. Only sounds now are birdsong, cows in a field about half a mile away, ditto sheep and lambs and the distant rumble from the Carlisle Northern By-pass. The peace and quiet is why we bought this house in the first place but the Carlisle urban sprawl gets closer every year

xx
Rest in Peace

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post January 23, 2018, 12:00
by Fairy Plotmother
xx
Easter eggs

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post December 30, 2020, 15:31
by MrsPea
xx
Happy Easter Everyone

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post April 01, 2018, 17:35
by rowlandwells
xx
Easter eggs

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post February 26, 2021, 11:44
by jezza

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 43 queries.