pekin bantams

• 4 Replies

Bailz

• Experienced Member
pekin bantams
« on: March 12, 2011, 18:12 »
Hi picked up our 5 pekin bantams yesterday they are great last night we had probs putting them in house at night and again tonight will there come a point were they go in themselves? cheers bailz
Cheers Bailz

themagicaltoad1

Re: pekin bantams
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 19:23 »
They just need to learn where to go when it gets dark. Try hanging a torch in there when it starts to get dark, they will be attracted to the light.

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 20:02 »
I kept my chickens confined inside their coop for the first 24 hours or so, and they have seen it as their safe haven ever since.   They go in there to sleep at night, to nap during the day, and also if something outside scares them.

I don't know if confining them now will do any good, but it might be worth a try.

delsan

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 16:51 »
 when i brought my girls home i put them in their house for 24hrs to get used to it so that when they were let out next day they knew were to go at dusk and to escape any unwelcome visitors, The first hens i had 17yrs ago ( a complete novis then) flatly refused to go in the hen house so every night my husband and myself would take about an hour trying to round them up, these were ex-battery hens lovely girls but thought they were going back to prison with a lot patients and lots of T.L.C, they got the hang of it and i must say out of all the hens ive had they were the best, very tame in the end infact when we have been on our hollidays in august i am going to rescue another six, their large house is all ready, the grass nice and green and all the home comforts,

orchardlady

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 17:46 »
You could try this method but only if you can control your laughter while doing it otherwise the hens will think you extremely rude! :D

Orchardlady

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=65900.0

xx
Pekin Bantams

Started by Sluggs on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post March 03, 2009, 19:03
by Sluggs
smiley
Pekin Bantams

Started by JuJu beans on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 30, 2011, 11:35
by JuJu beans
xx
Pekin Bantams

Started by Belinda on The Hen House

25 Replies
Last post March 27, 2008, 19:19
by shaun
xx
pekin bantams

Started by Bailz on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 09, 2011, 19:06
by Bailz

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 39 queries.