government advice on keeping chickens part 2

• 2 Replies

rachelr

government advice on keeping chickens part 2
« on: July 29, 2011, 11:01 »
Sorry Joyful to jump in here but do they really need to repeat eveything on another government sites about chicken keeping. I am so fed up with being spoon fed by the government, if its not about eating/drinking etc etc etc. That whole thread is no better than an idiots guide into how to look after chickens.

GET A BOOK PEOPLE

They paid some one to write that useless and repetitive information then another one to put that on that site then paid some one publicise it in the daily rags. I only wish i had that sort of money to throw away rather than help people in need in our country.

All right rant over now for your opinions on that useles thread lol >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: government advice on keeping chickens part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:34 »
sadly Rachelr far too many people get bids/animals etc on a whim and then find they do not know how to look after them - this includes their housing, feeding, medical care and even culling, so even though I did years of research before getting my birds (and am still learning after many years of keeping birds) I do feel it is responsible of the government to have papers like this.

Staffies are softer than you think.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: government advice on keeping chickens part 2
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 17:50 »
I think it is a handy link to have.  I read it before getting hens and there are usefull links for you to find out if you are allowed to keep hens etc.  Some publications can be out of date, I have two books and they both have different information and methods.  More information the better in my opinion.

I do however agree that the government spends far too much money creating this and other documents.  That seems to be the way of the world though and they probably have a legal obligation to produce this information for the general public.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
Chickens V garden part 2

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post January 09, 2012, 17:55
by Dominic
xx
Clever Chickens (part II)

Started by Mrs Mant on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post February 14, 2011, 17:16
by ManicMum
xx
interested in keeping chickens

Started by dankay123 on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post October 25, 2012, 14:59
by steelman
xx
Cost of keeping chickens.

Started by Plottered on Chicken Chat

15 Replies
Last post October 14, 2011, 08:55
by Skywise

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 36 queries.