ringworm in dogs

• 11 Replies

karlooben

ringworm in dogs
« on: January 24, 2010, 19:47 »
have anyone on here had dogs that have had ringworm ... jack is still chewing his paws an has a couple of bald patches on his legs . one of them i am sure is an old wound  from jumping for his ball and crash landing  :lol: the others seem to be from where hes licking himself so much , i have been looking at pics of ringworm and ok i know i shouldnt  be but i am getting paranoid hes got it . thing is though he really only chews from the evening onwards  :dry:

i will be calling my vets in the morning but this is one bill for now that i cant be doing with { wrong time of the month  :lol: :lol: }

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

wildwitchy

Re: ringworm in dogs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 20:38 »
check its not mange

karlooben

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 21:19 »
i have checked for nearly everything but some things can look the same am booking him into the vets monday to be sedated its the only way to check him over,  :lol: took 40 mins to get one of those collars on tonight so i can get some cream on him apart from him biting me twice it took 1 min to get the collar of  :tongue2:

wildwitchy

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 21:33 »
after spending a fortune at the vets with the dog i'm trying to sort the dogs skin itch out myself. I think she's got mange, the vets have been pretty clueless & charged for it..i'm ordering a dip for her from america & using a off label agricultrial remedy at the minute.

tez

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 21:36 »
if ge is chewing his paws he could have i tape of mite same mite that causes canker he mite have that aswell  if you smell his ears if he got it they will smell like sweety feet or cheese the same mite go on there paws and make them lick there paws and chew there hair out without seeing it this is just a gess so vet would be best but if you think its got this mite you can get a powder called thornit  works a treat let me now how you get on hope he ok soon

wildwitchy

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 21:44 »
hydrocortisone cream is good for skin itches..hope the dawg is better soon. i'm using ivomec, its used for cattle/pigs (to kill any mites) usually & a homemade cream with sulphur,borax & hydrogen peroxide to soothe the itch (kill mites from the outside). and bath her with anti dandruff shampoo.

karlooben

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 10:17 »
thanks for the help guys , he did have a sore ear  and i have been treating them but only with drops cant remember the name from the vet , i didnt think that could be related to his feet as they use the feet dont they :wacko: .i have malselb shampoo but u shouldnt really use that on broken  skin but he really only licks one foot that does have a sore on it so surely if it was mites or anything esle it would spread and my other dog would have the same probelm but he doesnt . and why does all of this happen when i run out of money  >:(

karlooben

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 11:40 »
jack has been to the vet , hes now on antiboitics , anti inflamtories , stronghold and bitter spray to try an stop him licking until the tabs kick in  :lol: the vet said about a collar i was like not after last night  :lol: i aint going though that again . good thing is he doesnt reckon its mange or ringworm  phewwwww  he thinks its just a wound thats got infected which dont surprise as jack is forever getting infections etc especailly when its to do with his feet .

tez

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 11:43 »
hope he ok  :D

karlooben

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 12:26 »
thanks so do i , although as this monent hes is chewing himself mental not sure if that means the drugs are working an getting rid of what ever is there but hes going crazy over the other paw that wasnt sore  :wub:

wildwitchy

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 12:40 »
hope he improves-horrible to see them not well....

karlooben

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 13:10 »
i am hoping so to  :D just took him out for a walk to take his mind of licking himself but i am not  letting run around like normal as i am sure that doesnt help the foot that is sore an split so hes on a lunge rein at the mo and hes not happy about it , tonight will be the test as thats when he licks the most .

xx
RAW dogs food do you get it?

Started by gizooty on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post December 04, 2009, 10:17
by Rubellite
xx
Oranges - do your dogs eat them?

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post March 24, 2015, 10:52
by Snoop
xx
What dogs are bred to do

Started by Diddy Gardener on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post November 04, 2013, 23:39
by shoozie
question
Can dogs eat raw eggs?

Started by Pretty Chick on Pets without Feathers

15 Replies
Last post May 20, 2010, 07:57
by gsc

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 38 queries.