Best, most toxic rat poison

• 22 Replies

TeaPots

Re: Best, most toxic rat poison
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 20:56 »
I use those blue blocks, in a black box that they call a 'bait station'. It is a good idea to keep it baited and in place always. The blue blocks need replacing if not earen ,, every couple of months. Wear gloves when touching anythng to do with Rat traps cos if it smells of human, they will avoid it. This way, if the odd rat (or mouse) is around, the bait will kill them before they manage to make a home for their family

Mrs S

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 21:10 »
Trust me. Don't waste your time and money and just call in the professionals (not Bodey and Doyle but the council). I spent a fortune on rat traps (electrocution) and associated batteries etc, and they didn't 'get' one rat! The Rat Man came (for the same price as three traps!) and I haven't seen a rat since! If we get them again I'll call the council straight away.

Incidentally, I have bought some Eradibait for the run. A few people on this site have raved about it!

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 21:30 »
Great :)

still no sign of them..... but I did touch the bait :(  and the traps.... and only ever caught mice.... even worse, I ate a sandwich after touching the bait :(  Hope I dont die :)
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

Flowerpower136

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 10:16 »
Will look into that, because that would sort out the small ones that can dance about on a Fenn trap without triggering it.

Though, I think the Eradibait is kicking in.  Saw one yesterday, who slipped through into the woods, but didn't run away, just buried it's head under some leaves.  They are supposed to go lathargic before slipping into a coma.  So that's looking good :D.  Also found some fresh poo which is paler in colour, which is also a sign that the bait has been taken.

Even though they are rats, I still have mixed feelings about killing them, specially when they are little like these 2.  They are so cute!   Don't all shout at once! ::)

AmandaH

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 20:39 »
Rentokil! They came, they gassed, no more rats. Problem solved.

TeaPots

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 23:16 »
Rentokil! They came, they gassed, no more rats. Problem solved.

yup! sorted, but the blue blocks in the black bait boxes will keep you from having a new family of ratties moving in. Kinda stopping the problem before it becomes one.  :D

Bram

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 12:49 »
screwfix do a battery powered electric rat killer, no poison required, just a bit of bait to get the rat into the machine, and ZAP, dead rat
   hmm dead rat walking eh? ..sorry couldnt resist it  lol

TeaPots

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2010, 13:50 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

xx
Iris - toxic?

Started by Porffor on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 26, 2008, 18:28
by Porffor
xx
Name that poison

Started by Flowerpower136 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 20, 2017, 20:04
by Flowerpower136
xx
ivy poison or not ?

Started by coopready on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post February 23, 2009, 21:01
by nicchick
xx
rat poison

Started by upthetump on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 20, 2010, 20:24
by wighty

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 38 queries.