Girls going to bed early

• 5 Replies

gracie

• Experienced Member
Girls going to bed early
« on: May 31, 2011, 20:09 »
Since the boys left last week, my two girls have started going to bed early. Initially it was only 1 and the other would start cheeping loudly looking for her, now she is going to bed early as well. Tonight it was 7.45 and it's still really sunny. They seem happy enough, it just seems strange

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Girls going to bed early
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 20:23 »
They probably miss their friends!  They'll be back to normal very soon you'll see!

gracie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 20:26 »
Bless their little hearts. They free range most of the day and stay so close to each other, it's lovely to watch them. Wondered if they would do a pecking order thing but no sign as yet. Maybe when the new two get mixed with them it will become more evident

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 10:25 »
We've lost one to a fox recently which has left us with two. But they are as thick as thieves now, and all the pecking order issues have gone and feathers are growing back. Alice is still recovering well from the fox bites and tends to go to bed early, and while Bernadette does stay out a little later, does go in to join her before twilight.

As I don't close the door till dusk, I take it their fine and can pop out again if needs be, they just probably need a little more sleep at the moment.

Unless they look lethargic, it shouldn't be a reason to worry.

Best wishes

Christine
Alice - Australorp
Bernadette - Barnevelder
Dora - Silver Grey Dorking
LilliBet - Cream Leg Bar

Beano

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 11:16 »
Maybe when the new two get mixed with them it will become more evident
That is so true. I used to think my three were lovely girls until I introduced two new girls.
They then turned into vicious witches, only for a month or so. They are back to being lovely girls now, with the occasional peck when there's treats to be had.
But what I have noticed is that the original three are later going in since the youngsters joined them.
El.

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 12:58 »
My hens like to go into the run around 7 at night and just sit quietly and relax.  It's their way of winding down the day after free ranging, etc.  Suits us fine, as we don't have to be so vigilant then.   ;)
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

xx
My new girls

Started by Teapot on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post September 29, 2011, 20:45
by NormandyMary
xx
Which new girls?

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 23:37
by nerdle
xx
New girls

Started by Elvira on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 18:25
by splash101
xx
new girls!!!

Started by andy46 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post September 22, 2012, 22:11
by andy46

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 39 queries.