Hello from Shropshire

• 5 Replies

garrarufa

• Munin's Sketch-blog
Hello from Shropshire
« on: September 03, 2019, 17:48 »
Hello everyone,

I had a sudden urge to try and grow my own oriental vegetables to stir-fry, earlier this year, which has led to some very addictive and spur of the moment behavior during the past four months. Now I have no grass in my back garden, I'm growing and harvesting all sorts of things, most window sills are looking rather crammed, a spare room has been turned upside down; and I seem to be playing trench warfare with slugs.

I've made many mistakes, started a few months too late for a lot of what I'm growing (beans), branched out into cati, succulents, and trees for bonsai (might as well try everything to see what sticks), exasperated specific muscles in my lower back that I didn't realise I had; and have generally had a whale of a time stumbling around and making a fool of myself.  :wacko:

Doing research online and looking up this and that has often led me to this source and community. I've enjoyed reading up on topics and appreciate the general atmosphere around here, so I figured this might be the place for me to set up a chair and chiminea.

Hope to banter with some of you going forward.  :)

Regards

Pescador

Re: Hello from Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 07:31 »
Welcome Garrarufa. I can hereby confirm you are now a fully certified addict!!!

Enjoy!
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 09:38 »
Hello Garrarufa and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have been well and truly bitten by The Bug. I must warn you however, that the next step is often nearly always to become a Seed Addict …..

Good to hear you are enjoying it all so much  :D :D :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 12:20 »
Hi and welcome  :)

Iecabus

• Experienced Member
  • Plot holder since January 2018

garrarufa

• Munin's Sketch-blog
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 18:58 »
Thanks for the encouraging words. Maybe if I spend enough time around you good people, something will rub off. :)

Pescador: Confirmed, fully certified addict? That doesn't sound too good. However, it does sound like fun! :)

Sunshineband: Is your name Kacy, by any chance? ;) I think I hear you on the seed thing. Some of my first attemts bolted, and I'm looking at the flowers with a different state of mind now. I've researched so little that I at least know not to save seeds from poor plants, but I can't help myself. I need to try, and I think the first hand exploration may be much more worth while, in the long run... for me.  :wacko:

Lecabus: I love the attitude of back ache (later hip replacement) being a positive. Maybe there's a upper echelon of elite gardeners that demand at least two certified lower back/hip surgeries before you can even apply. :)

smiley
Hello from Shropshire

Started by Holly Evans on Welcome to the Forums

2 Replies
Last post February 09, 2020, 13:53
by Yorkie
xx
Newbie in shropshire

Started by BenF on Welcome to the Forums

4 Replies
Last post March 14, 2022, 21:37
by comfreykid
xx
Good morning from the Shropshire hills

Started by Scottie on Welcome to the Forums

6 Replies
Last post October 23, 2022, 20:18
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 40 queries.